Sunday, August 05, 2012

SSiC #151 – Sweet Baby Cards

Good morning friends!!  I know my card-making has been pretty sparse this summer, but I’m back with a card today … and for a very sweet new challenge at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenges!
 
Our sponsor this week is Denami DesignsDeNami Blinkie

who is offering one random winner a $30 GC to their store!!  You could also be one of 3 selected Shining Stars to be featured on our blog. ☺

 

Our challenge hostess this week is Sandie who shares this verse:
 
 ...as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.  ~I Peter 2:2&3
 
“O Taste and see that the Lord is good.”  (Psalm 34:8)  and this one says “you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.”  He certainly IS good and gracious and so much more!!  But how do we know that unless we know Him?  The more we dig in to His Word, the better we know Him & the more nourishment we receive so we can grow and mature spiritually.  How many times do we allow ourselves to get so busy or chose to put off reading the Bible to do something less important?  A baby doesn’t go a few days before he is hungry.  And we shouldn’t either.  These last couple of weeks I’ve really been longing for our beach vacation because my devotional time on the beach is like nothing else.  There’s something spiritual about being out in nature with the ocean… hearing the rolling waves… appreciating God’s creation… and just having all the time in the world to “drink the milk of His Word.”  But we are not promised tomorrow.  We (I)  should make the most of each and every day!!
 
Sandie’s Challenge for us this week:
Something "Baby" … OR All (only) pastels 
I have a very exciting announcement about these digi stamps and paper that I’ve used on this card today.  A very dear sister in Christ, Diane is opening her new digi store later this week called … Daydream Designs, LLC!! Also, she’s asked me to be her “Digital Colorist & Paper Illustrator” and  I’m totally over-the-moon & feel so blessed to be able to use my talents/skills in this area to help her & her new business ☺  I’ve seen quite a few of her sets so far and am in love – I know you will be too!  You won’t want to miss the Grand Opening this Friday, 8/10  as there will be some freebies, tutorials, card samples and more!!  A great way to stay in the know on her new store is to follow her blog, Diane’s Designs.
 
For my card I’ve used the pre-colored Mama & Baby trio from the “Nest to Sky” set and layered them onto this cloud paper I made yesterday (which will be available in a paper combo pack soon!)  The sentiment is from a separate set called “Hope Soars Sentiments” which coordinates with another super cute set!  Hope you’ll mark your calendars and plan to attend the Grand Opening on
August 10th!
 
Now it’s time to hop on over to our challenge blog and read a wonderful devotional by Sandie,
if you haven’t been there yet and see the beautiful creations by the DT!  :)

16 comments:

Diane said...

Kris, your card is amazing and every detail is perfect. I absolutely love what you done already with my digis. You've dressed them up beautifully with your fabulous talent and I'm more than delighted that you are working with me. I'm so blessed by your spirit, your talent and your support. Your thoughts on the verse today are so important too. I'm thanking God that you will have this time of refreshment with God and with your family. Enjoy every minute!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH MMMMMYYYYYYYY!!! So CUTE!!!! I love this! You ladies make a good team. I'll try to remember to check you guys out on Friday!!
Blessings,
Michelle

MaxineD said...

Oh Kris it is great to 'see' you again, and I love the thoughts that you have shared.
Your card is absolutely gorgeous, and I am thrilled to hear that you have another opportunity to share your God given talents.
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

I LOVE this digi! I can't wait to see her other designs! Your card is beautiful! very, very sweet! Have a fun time this week!!! ~H

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card!! All the best for your new venture with Diane!!

Glenda Atkins said...

This is gorgeous Kris, lovely colours, sweet image and fabulous embellishments. LOVE it!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Kris - this is perfectly delightful!! Love what you have dine with Diane's image and all of the gorgeous details! You always share so beautifully Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Kris! Yes, I agree with Diane...your thoughts on this Bible passage are right on! And so is your adorable card! SO cute! Love the bright colors and layout! Wow! You and Diane are gonna have SO much fun! Congrats! Enjoy your vacation!!
Hugs!
Sandie

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh - I love this and congrats! I hope you are having a nice time away, you are going to be one busy lady! But oh what fun!

Jennipher said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! The way you combine digital with traditional and die-cutting is simply fascinating. I am in awe.

Becky said...

What a beautiful card Kris, gorgeous colors and gorgeous coloring.
Hugs :)

Jerusha said...

Hi Kris! I am really behind in my commenting but wanted to stop by your blog today and let you know that I think this card is amazing. Love the set and love the coloured version. Can't wait to see what else you and Diane cook up! :)

MariLynn said...

What a sweet card. I really like the way that you used the die cut branch. It really flowed with this cute image. I know Diane will be blessed with your talents.

Traci M said...

Kris, I just love this set and the bright, cheery colors!! The aded branch dimension is perfect...wonderful card!! Thinking of you and praying for a refreshing time with lots of reflection...you have worked so har d this year. Enjoy your time on the coast!

Marlou McAlees said...

Delighted to meet you Kris and work with you and the other ladies on this exciting journey :) what a beautiful card !! :) :)

Sweet Fairy said...

This is so nice card. I worked as a designer for Plastic business cards and this card inspire me to continue designing.