Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Serendipity - Poppin' Pastels and Faux Snow

Are you ready for snow?  Sounds good right about now when it’s so hot outside.  There’s just something about snowmen that warms your heart, isn’t there?  And this cutie is no exception!  He’s adorable… watering his li’l tree so it will be the perfect size Christmas tree in just a few months!!  He’s a new rubber stamps from Serendipity Stamps called Snowman with Watering Can

I used the Poppin’ Pastels technique which means I stamped him in Versamark and then lightly colored on top using cotton swabs and chalk pastels!  That way you don’t have the black outline and can color manage your image a li’l better.  :)  Then I added some faux snow (by rubbing 2 styrofoam balls together to make the flakey fluffy “snow”) to both my image and along the bottom of my card. 

I lost track of counting how many Christmas cards I’ve made this year --- although I’m sure it’s not very many!  I better get a move on it if I’m going to send out the majority of them handmade.  Why not check out what the other girls made with this set and the other new releases at the Serendipity Blog!  I’ll be back soon!

11 comments:

Traci M said...

kris, I have one of Serendipity's snow woman stamp and love her. Thamks for this tip with versamark...that is a great idea!! I love your card and handmade snow!!

Jeanne J said...

Oh you clever girl! Love how you inked up the stamp in different colors - gives this sweet snowman a whole new look! Well done!

Lozzapops said...

Love the technique you have used on this image Kris, it looks fab! Laura x

Marlou McAlees said...

how adorable!! Love snowmen Kris and Christmas :) beeeeautiful!! x

Kristie said...

I love how you colored the images! I've never heard of that technique before.

Thanks for the sweet blog comment you left me yesterday :) Looking fwd to working with you on the Dream Team too!

MaxineD said...

Oh Kris this is fabulous - I must re-visit that technique! Great card :-), and I love the humour in it.
Blessings
Maxine

MaxineD said...

Kris I tried to contact you via email but it bounced from the address given here on your blog - can you please contact me - pretty please.
Blessings
Maxine

Diane said...

Oh...WOW....great job on the poppin' pastels. Mine usually get smeary...but yours is perfect. Love that technique for this image. Adorable card, Kris.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous use of the versamark technique, your snowman is delightful!
hugs
glenda

Leanne ... said...

This card is adorable Kris. Snow man with a watering can and your faux snow. Great idea rubbing the styrofoam balls together. The card colors all blend so nicely.
Hugs...Leanne

Helen said...

This is too cute! I love that snoman! I haven't even made ONE Christmas card yet!!! I need to get started! lol ~H