Sunday, July 08, 2012

SSiC Follow T(His) Plan

I’m Baaaack – and it felt so good to actually create something this week.  It’s been a while, I know! 
I’m happy to join my sistahs at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenges today!

This week’s Hostess:  Marilynn

Verse:  Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV) 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Card Challenge:  Follow this PLAN:   use at least 1 circle or oval element (my cloud is the oval),
at least 2 different papers (the grass is my 2nd dp), and at least 1 embellishment (ribbon).

Sponsor:  Doodle Pantry Digital Doodles offering 1 player their choice of 3 digi sets!
 
♥   ♥   ♥
A year and a half ago, my husband and I bought a building permit and set out to turn our garage into a permanent living space … a bedroom for our daughter.  He had to draw up some plans and get them approved before we could do anything.  Once those plans were approved by the head honcho and the inspector came out, we could begin working on it. 
 
Sometimes we get so caught up in what we are planning to do that we don’t have time to even consider what our heavenly “head honcho” (God) has already planned for us.  He gave us a plan to live by… a.k.a. the Bible!  It’s a well thought out plan for His children – for all mankind—and when we read it, meditate on it, and pray about it, His plans become our plans.  When we ignore it and try to do it our own way, it’s like trying to build a house w/o the “plans.”  It will end up a mess!  And so will our lives if we ignore His Words of instruction for us.  God’s plans are for our good… “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Very comforting to know that our heavenly Father was looking out for us before we were even born.  God is so good!! 
 
For my card I have followed Marilynn’s plan for us…
 
 Meet Emily!
 
She’s a new character at The Digi Garden… and there’s lots of of brand new digis in the
Emily Category including Emily’s Farm which I’ve used here for my card.  There’s also a cute sheep!

I’ve teamed up with Saffie to make her super cute drawings into digis and brought them to life by coloring in PS for quick & easy card-making or scrapbooking!  There’s lots more to come in the near future, but in the meantime, here’s a peek at just a few of the new releases now available in the shop!

Keep in mind, all the colored ones also come in outline versions if you want to color yourself :)  Hop on over to the store to see lots more! 

Emily's Rainy Day       Emily's Balloon TDG-Elf1-Color-WM
Fuzzy Buzzy Bee  Emily's Garden  TDG-MP3boy-Color-WM  Shaylee  TDG-Princess2-Yellow-WM
 
There’s also more farm animals coming, more color options for the kids, & some fun scene creations!!  Cute huh??  Come by and check em out!
 
HeeheeHee… “Cow’s it Goin?’” – that sentiment is from Doodle Pantry.  Too cute!  I pop-dotted everything on this; grass, cow, fence, cloud, girl.  And I cut out a 2nd cow's head and pop-dotted that so I could wrap some twine around his neck.  The great thing about digis is that you can resize them to whatever size you want! *Ü*  I think he needs a li’l bell charm, don't you?
 
Remember, we’d love to have ya join us at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ this week!

14 comments:

MaxineD said...

Very cute Kris :-) Love Emily - she is really sweet. And thanks for sharing your thoughts too.
Blessings
Maxine

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Oh My Goodness !!!! This is just beyond Gorgeous!!! Love the cute little scene you have created, the little cow looks too stinkin cute. Love the layout and the colour scheme is just fabulous. Love this Kris. Have a lovely day.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Kathy W. said...

Oh this is so cute! I love all the characters too. Great scene and that cow is adorable!

Diane said...

Kris...this is beyond adorable. What a sweet image and fabulous card...love all the dimension and details. Glad your plans for the room are coming to fruition.

Your colored versions are amazing! So much talent, girlfriend! Praying for your week...

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh - this is so stinkin cute! I love what you do with PS. Come over for a week or so and take me under your wing! You are amazing. Have a terrific week!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Soooo cute! OMG! Love this card!
Michelle

Glenda Atkins said...

Everything is just so cute on this fabulous card. Really like your fence and grass and the totally adorable image.

Becky said...

This is just adorable Kris, love the coloring.

Helen said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable! Little Emily is so stinkin' cute! I love hour you pop dotted so many elements of the card! I like how you "tied the rope" around the little cows neck. Very clever! Have a great day! ~H

Kim Y. said...

This is so cute, Kristine!
BTW, I am so so sorry it took me so long to thank you for the cute baby card! The card is absolutely ADORABLE! Thank you so much, Kristine! So sweet of you!!!

Jerusha said...

Okay, I am freaking out over how cute this card is and those digis which I have never seen before. I see you have had your hand in making them, I am going to have to do some shopping. TOO CUTE!!!! This is such a great card. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

ScrappySandie said...

Wow, Kris! What absolutely adorable images! Great job! Your card is SO cute...love that fence & grass & Emily & the cow & the sentiment. Yup...everything!
Hugs!
Sandie

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Kris - this is so adorable - I love the darling images you have used and so beautifully coloured too! Thank you Kris for sharing your thoughts on this weeks devotional - always appreciated! {{{hugs}}}

Bananastamper said...

This is just so cute Kristine! I love the grass and the little white picket fence!