Friday, June 01, 2012

A Masculine Tri-Shutter Card

Happy first day of June!! Well, my time as Guest Designer for Serendipity Stamps is officially over... boy that flew right by and was so much fun!  It really kicked me into gear and I whipped up 20+ cards in less than 2 months!!  You can see my gallery of Serendipity cards HERE.

But I do have a couple more cards to share using their New Releases for Spring/Summer that I didn’t get posted yet!  With Father's Day is coming up, I decided to try a Tri-Shutter Card using the new sentiment, “We Don’t See Things”… along with the “Glasses & Book” stamp. 
Here’s a view from the top:
 
This paper was from a kit I’ve had and never used because I don’t do masculine cards often. Not too sure I like the grey/silver tire tread pieces?  But the rust colored with the clocks is cool.

I paper pieced the book and then added clear stardust gellyroll pen to highlight the book pages, glasses and clock face and then silver sparkly pen for the alarm bell thingies on top. 

I stamped the sentiment on some real wood from McMahon Five Designs & finished with copper brads.

Thanks for stopping by!!  OH… thought I’d leave you with a pic of my youngest who just turned 12 yesterday.  We went with a beach themed cake cause we all can’t wait for our beach vacation!!  :)

maddy12bday

11 comments:

Kathy W. said...

Wow Kris, this is beautiful! Great job on the tri-fold and that paper is perfect! Love it :)

Danni said...

Stunning and jaw dropping!!

Love the photo!! So cute!

Kelly L said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous Father's Day card, Kris!! I love all the manly elements - diamond plate, wood, metal, pocket watch - very cool and an antique look to it too with the natural colors. :)

Maddy's pic is too cute! Love the beach themed bday cake and I too am looking forward to a beach get away in about 2 months -- still trying to watch what I am eating to get into that swimming suit though. *sigh* Kel

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

FABULOUS CARD!

Priyanka said...

Your work is supeeeeeeeeeerb, amazing, outstanding. Very very happy birthday to your daughter send me a piece of cake its really looking awesome. Thank you so much for all your comment I greatly appreciate it.And very very welcome to my blog.

Glenda Atkins said...

I am in awe, this is the best male card out there, I love, love it! Awesome job!

Wendy said...

Fab project and love the quote!

I have left a wee award over on my blog for you :D

Thank you for being such a blessing to me over on SSIC!

Wendy @ ECTaS

MaxineD said...

Wonderful card Kris - the paper is a great choice.
Love the birthday girl photo too!!
Blessings
Maxine

Diane said...

Love the card...looks like it took forever--so much delicious detail. Speaking of delicious...what a fabulous bd cake. The bd girl is adorable!!!

Seleise said...

love,love, love the dp and stamps you used on your tri-fold shutter card! it's wonderfully strong and artistic - great card!

Leanne ... said...

Frist Happy Birthday to your daughter! The cake is really cute. Getting you pumped for the beach. Love the trifold card. Nice job.
Hugs...Leanne