Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Crocheted Gloves & Duct Tape Flowers




My daughter, Maddy has been trying to create things to sell and earn money for a sports camp this summer.  She had the idea to crochet a finger-less glove the other day with some yarn we had lying around.  She was making up her own pattern but had a li'l trouble with it so we Googled it and found this fun Butterfly pattern that goes in rounds and has a hole for your thumb, so we tried them.  She made the variegated pink one and I made the white one and camo variegated ones.  I accidentally made 2 right hand ones of the camo, so we turned one inside out for the photo *Ü*  We'll make a lefty one next.  These would be great for winter to keep hands warm and still be able to work with your fingers ... (like typing at work!)  She likes them as a stylish accessory though.

Here are some flowers that Maddy made using colored duct tape!!  Sooo cool.  She's even sold some of these at school to her classmates.  Way to go Miss Maddy!!


12 comments:

Patti J said...

Woweee....your sweet DD is SO talented! Those gloves are so awesome, and OMG the flowers rock! She is very creative :) Hmmm....I need some nice thick potholders - would she make me about 4? Check with her and drop me an email! Hugs...MISS YOU!

Kathy W. said...

Holy cow Maddy!! These are awesome. Love the flowers too..great job! How did you do those??

Lorie said...

Can I just say...wow! Those are amazing, great job Maddy!

Glenda Atkins said...

Talented like her Mom! I really love the gloves they might work pretty good for those days before the cold sets in but I can see where making a fashion statement would probably be the big thing. The duct tape flowers are amazing!

Priyanka said...

wow those gloves are really very pretty, specially the white one. I love that.And those flowers are beautiful. You area very talented dear.

Priyanka said...

wow those gloves are really very pretty, specially the white one. I love that.And those flowers are beautiful. You area very talented dear.

MariLynn said...

Those gloves look really cool. My son Joshua likes making these duct tape flowers. He made some last summer when he was in a play to give to one to all the girls in the play.

Kelly L said...

Wow, these are terrific, Maddy and Kris! I love the flowers and such great colors too! :) Hugs, Kel

Helen said...

AWESOME CREATIONS!!! I've seen wrist warmers, but these are prettier than any I've seen! And those duck tape flowers are so cool! You girls ROCK!!!

Leanne ... said...

Cute idea girls. And love those duck tape flowers.
Hugs...Leanne

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Kris! Wow! Both projects are AMAZING! You two girls are very creative! And not afraid to tackle anything! Those duct tape flowers are gorgeous! (Are your fingers sticky? LOL)
Hope you are having a wonderful week!
Sandie

Melissa Rain said...

This is so cool! I really want to know how to make those crocheted gloves, but I don't understand knitting language so much. Well done!