Monday, May 21, 2012

Through the Cabin Window

Although we don’t own a cabin of our own yet (we hope to build one for our retirement some day) we have stayed in several for our family vacations.  I knew when I saw this neat Row Boat & Dock stamp from Serendipity Stamps that I wanted to create a window card.  My hubby loves to fish so this would make a great Father’s Day or Birthday card for him. 
The very sweet Cecelia Smith (Creating in Carolina) shared her window SVG with me, so I used my SCAL program to mirror the image and overlap them on the end to make a folding card!  The vanilla piece has a sheet of acetate taped to the back.  And then I made a fun little pleated curtain, sewing it along the top and added some tiny buttons.  Just like the cabin window where we stayed. 
I colored my scene with Copics and created a sunset sky.  Added some white gel pen in the water for ripples, and the sentiment is also from Serendipity Stamps.
For the front I wanted to fill the lower space so I made a sailor’s knot with green and kraft twine.  Whaddaya think?? 
Find more inspiration at the Serendipity Stamps Blog and the DT:
                                                               
Amy Cokley Amy
Holly Holly
Jeanne Jachna Jeanne
Jenny Gropp Jenny
Kathie Bailey  Kathie
Miriam Napier Miriam
Sue Eldred Sue

11 comments:

Lorie said...

Wow, gorgeous my friend!

Danni said...

You are always just so creative!! What a spectacular card!

Leanne ... said...

WOW Kristine!!!! This is beyond gorgeous!!! What a great job with this card. I can't say enough.
Hugs...Leanne

MaxineD said...

WOW this is stunning. The construction and the colouring.
Blessings
Maxine

Chelsea said...

I love this .... A true work of art!

Becky said...

My sista, this is awesome! :) I love the rich colors and so creative.

MariLynn said...

Love the scene outside your window. The knot with the twine is a great embellishment!!

Glenda Atkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda Atkins said...

I think it is just fabulous, and I love that sunset sky. Wow!

Traci M said...

I think this is an amazing card, so many wonderful details and your sunset reminds me of our Colorado sky!! Kris, you have rocked these stamps/dies for Serendipity~!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just fabulous! I love the gorgeous scene you colored- and the curtains sewn on with button accents- perfect! Awesome awesome and more awesome!