Sunday, May 06, 2012

SSiC - Natural Elements

Good morning!  It’s Sunday and that means a new challenge at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenges!  We are welcoming 6 new Design Sisters to our team today!! 
 
Our hostess this week is sweet Miesje (Mee-sha) who shares this verse:
“Whoever says, ‘I know him’, but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,  But whoever keeps his word, the love of God is truly perfected in him.”1 John 2:4-6

and her challenge for us is to use something real or natural in our creations (wood, burlap, shells, sand, twine, twigs, etc).

The sentiment is a new stamp from Serendipity Stamps’ Spring/Summer release called “In the Attitude of Silence.”  It fits perfectly with the shells because it’s at the ocean when I feel God’s presence wash over me and I am able to see things more clearly.  I’ve used some seashells that we picked up on the beach last summer on the Oregon coast. 

This verse really speaks for itself so I have nothing to add :)  However, pop on over to our challenge blog and read Miesje’s devotional… she always has wonderful ‘food for thought’! 

Be sure to check out what my DT sistahs made this week to inspire you!!

Candace Pierce
Candace

Diane Noble
Diane

Helen Phelps
Helen

Jerusha Borden 
Jerusha 

Linda Lucas
Linda

Marilynn DeGroot
Marilynn

Michelle Coon
Michelle

Miesje Flach
Miesje

Peggysue Turner 
Peggysue

Sandie Lobbezoo
Sandie

Traci Major
Traci

 

Just a reminder… Serendipity Stamps is having a special!  All orders of $10 or more get FREE SHIPPING!!  (U.S. only)  They’ve got some gorgeous new Butterfly & Dragonfly dies – you can see some of my examples with them when you scroll down *Ü* 

Have a lovely Sunday and wonderful week!! 

21 comments:

Kathy W. said...

Ahh I love the shells, and that sentiment is beautiful. Great card Sis *Ü*

Lori Stokes Wright said...

Beautiful beachy feel, Kris! Love the soft ink edgings.

Miesje said...

Oh Kris, this is just incredible - you actually used shells! Love it - your picture is a work of art into itself! What fun. Have a great week - the brunch was wonderful but I ate too much! :-)

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous, love the verse and those colours and all your beautiful shells working together to form one beautiful piece of card art!

Kelly L said...

WOW, what a beautiful card, Kris. I love the pretty colors and the lovely sentiment too. It looks like a Becca inspired card to me :) Great job, girl! Hugs, Kelly

Peggysuez said...

Saw this in the gallery in yahoo and couldn't wait to comment on it, I don't recall having seen anyone use shells so well. I particularly like the grayish paper use too because we live near a large body of water with a beach and it is as often gray or dark blue as it is sunny.

MaxineD said...

Beautiful Kris - love the sentiment, and the sea shells are a fabulous touch.
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy said...

Kristine - this is gorgeous... love the quote and of course, LOVE the beachy theme! My favourite theme is beachy scenes, projects, etc.

Thank you for visiting my blog this pm nd leaving a lovely, encouraging comment. I appreciate you and the work you do on SSIC to help bring these fab challenges and messages week after week as a team. Bril!

Wendy

Jerusha said...

This is SO beautiful! Really makes me look forward to the nicer weather and going to the beach. Beautiful!

Danni said...

So beautiful and what a pretty verse!

MariLynn said...

Kris it looks like you and Helen were thinking ocean themes. I don't even remember the last time I went to the ocean. I think my daughters were in diapers. I love how the shells look on your card. I agree with Peggysue. I love how the gray dp looks with the shells. I hope you have a blessed week, with healthy kids!

Diane said...

Absolutely love your card, Kris. The shells are fantastic. Not only is your card spectacular, but the way you showcased it is gorgeous. Your service to the Lord and your expression of love for Him through your artwork is very inspirational. Thanks for all you do!!

Traci M said...

Kris, this is lovely!! I am missing the Oregon coast right now; we used to drive to Cannon Beach often as it wasn't too far from our house. I love the swirled background paper and the sentiment! You aced this card!! Praying for continued healing and rest for you as we enter into another week!

Candace said...

I love your card, Kris!! The addition of the shells is just beautiful! So happy to be back on the team with you! Hugs!!

Allie Cat Beads said...

Beautiful card. I love the sentiment. Thank you for the inspiration!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful sentiment-and I love the wy you framed it- so pretty! Loving the sea shells too- awesome touch!

ScrappySandie said...

Love the beach theme, Kris! Very pretty card, especially the soft gray print paper as background and swirl trim...gives it the quiet ocean feel. Great job! Thanks for all you do for the team!!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Love the shells on here! I just found a bag of them im my garage that someone was going to get rid of. I think mom will keep them!
Blessings,
Michelle

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - what a gorgeous card - love those seashells - your card is so peaceful and serene - perfect with your sentiment! Fabulous - as always! Have a blessed weel Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

Helen said...

Very pretty card! I love the shells! I like the saying because sometimes I realize that I just need to "zip the lip" and listen, especially to the heart. Have a great day!
~H

Leanne ... said...

Your card is beautiful. The shells add such a sweet touch.
Hugs...Leanne