Sunday, May 13, 2012

Poppin’ Up to Say ‘Happy Mother's Day’!

DT Challenge:   Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges - use any animal, bird or bug
      
Challenge Hostess:  Peggysue Turner
    
Verse challenge is based on:   Genesis 6:20 "Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive."

Sponsor:    Doodle Pantry Digital Doodles - I've used Doodle Pantry's "Pansy Turtle" for my card

Prize:   3 digi sets of your choice
    
Additional Challenges:    1)  "Sister Challenge" with my own sister, Kathy.  We challenged each other to use DP animal / main color, Pink / handmade flower  -- I mailed this card to my sis for Mother's Day.  (hope she got it yesterday or I just spoiled the surprise! lol)  2)  And then if you use a Doodle Pantry image, you can enter their Digi Challenge DPDC23 by the 24th of this month and you will receive a FREE (not-yet-released) digi set, “Scuba Sheep & Ant”  and 3) My sketch is my dd, Carly's from Sketches by Carly this week!  Our sponsor is the lovely Kelly Little!

 
(Jeanne J -  since I don't have rolled flower dies (yet) I stamped the cs. with my Canvas bg stamp and then hand cut my spiral with curvy scallops hoping it'd resemble petal... it kinda worked!!  Think I still need some practice though *Ü*)

Be sure to check out my DT sisters blogs for more inspiration with this week's challenge!!  *Ü*

Candace Pierce
Candace
Diane Noble
Diane
Helen Phelps
Helen
Jerusha Borden 
Jerusha 
Linda Lucas
Linda
Marilynn DeGroot
Marilynn
Michelle Coon
Michelle
Miesje Flach
Miesje
Peggysue Turner 
Peggysue
Sandie Lobbezoo
Sandie
Traci Major
Traci
    
~ R.I.P. Sweet Kitty ~

And for some very sad news....  our beloved girl cat died yesterday.  We had her & her brother Raja since they were a few weeks old ... they are 16 years old now, which I realize is quite long for outdoor country cats.  But they never went very far, especially the girl cat Squirrel.  We named her Squirrel because when she was little, she would stand up and then squat on her hind feet and hold her hard food with her two front paws and eat, just like a squirrel, so cute.   She did have a run-in with what we figure was an owl or something as she showed up one day with wounds on both sides of her tail and no hair back there!  Poor thing.  That was years ago though.  She was such a sweet kitty, always wanted to be with us outside.  She'd walk with me up the long driveway to our mailbox. When we were working on our remodel in the garage, she would stretch out her front paws up my leg like a toddler wanting to be picked up.  She went downhill very fast, in just a matter of a couple of  weeks.  She became very clingy, wanting to climb up on us a lot more.   We noticed in these last couple of days she would fall over sometimes when she'd walk, and something really weird is that she would be fearless and go out to the dog pen and lay down right by the fence, getting nose-to-nose with our dog.   Raja is slowing down a bit too, but not as quickly as Squirrel.  Here's a pic of our 2 cats, Squirrel is the one laying down. This was taken a few weeks ago.  Rest in Peace, sweet kitty.
That’s all I’ve got today.  My DD just came up to me and said, “Haven’t you been working on that post for like 2 hours?!”  Sheesh, is it that late already?  Prolly so!  Being too sentimental I suppose.  I knew this was coming but It still makes me cry. 
I’ll be back tomorrow with a fun project set.  Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!! 

21 comments:

Miesje said...

I love the bright colors and that turtle is just too cute! Your flower is fantastic - so sorry about your kitty! Have a good week Kris!

Lorie said...

Oh, my I do love that card..lovely! I'm sorry for the loss of your Squirrel. HUGS to you!

MaxineD said...

Love your card Kris - so bright and cheerful.
It hurts when our kitty cats 'cross the rainbow bridge', and she looks as though she was a real sweetie.
Blessings
Maxine

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Kris! Your card is adorable! I love the bright pink and lime green...that's a favorite combo! And your flower turned out just beautiful! Very nice little tribute to your kitty.
Have a great week!
Sandie

Laurie said...

Tee-hee! That is DARLING! Oh my those colors are just perfect! Very cute. Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 23.
And oh so sorry to hear about kitty tho. :(

Wendy said...

Sorry to learn your lovely pet died. It's like losing a good friend when this happens.

Love your bright cheerful card.

Hugs
Wendy x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Kris, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. it is so hard to loose a dear pet.

Your card is gorgeous. Beautifully colored and the details are fabulous. Awesome flower! Your rolled flower looks 10 times better than any I made with a die -- so don't waste your money!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Kris, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. it is so hard to loose a dear pet.

Your card is gorgeous. Beautifully colored and the details are fabulous. Awesome flower! Your rolled flower looks 10 times better than any I made with a die -- so don't waste your money!

Glenda Atkins said...

So very sorry about you losing your beloved kitty. It is never easy and always sad!

Your card is gorgeous in the pink and green and the rose flower is perfect. Wow!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Such a wonderful creation ! You did a great job on those leaves and flower! (You don't need "no stinkin' machine"...)lol!
Sorry about the passing of your kitty. It is so hard when our pets leave us and every time we lose one I always say "no more" only to turn around and get another one! I understand how emotional it is to lose a pet as they always love you unconditionally and never ask for anything in return (except to be taken care of and loved).
I hope your week is wonderful...
Thank you for playing at Doodle Pantry for our May challenge!
Hugs,
Georgia

Dawn Frost said...

So sorry to hear about Squirrel. Great card Kristine, love the bright colours and stitching. Thanks for joining us for DPDC#23!

Helen said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I know that for many their pets are family and it's always sad loosing a loved one. I hope your heart heals soon.
Your card is adorable! I love the bright colors & handmade flower & leaves! Your coloring is superb, too! Have a great week!
~H

Donna said...

So sorry about your kitty. Hope she is resting in peace. Wonderful card. Love your coloring. The turtle is one of my favorites! Thanks for joining us at the DP challenge!

Traci M said...

I hope you're feeling better, Kris...even though I know things won't feel quite the same for awhile. Your card is the cutest...you are the master when it comes to coloring, so bright and vivid and full of personality!! Have a blessed week!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Well I totally LOVE what you did with this image..it's a sweetly and a cutie. I also love the pics of the kitties. Thank you for joining us this month in the Doodle Pantry challenge.

Grace said...

Hi Kris! LOVE your sweet card today! AWESOME coloring and awesome image! So sorry about kitty! Our pets are truly part of our family and it hurts when we lose them!

Sending hugs,
Grace

Lovely Linda said...

How cute is this Kris - I love that image and your stunning colouring - you colours are striking - love it! I am sorry to hear about your cat - we are animal lovers and know how sad these times are - lots of love to your family! God knew what He was doing when He created animals for our pleasure!! {{{hugs}}}

AllisonG said...

I just love the pansy turtle image and your bright colors show it off well. Sorry to hear about losing your kitty - it doesn't matter how prepared we think we are, it still hurts.

Thanks for playing along this month with the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge - I love that you and Kathy do sister challenges, too! Wish I had a sister but I ended up with a dumb ol' brother - no crafting together for us! LOL

Peggysuez said...

So glad your daughter is holding you accountable for your computer time! We spend so much time on it, what did we spend time doing before there were computers! I seem to recall being thinner and having a cleaner house! Adorable card as are the fabulous projects in your posts above this one! But to conserve on my computer time I'll just say that here! Sorry for the loss of your cat.

The Stamper's Touch said...

Oh your card is beyond words stunning!!! Love the bright colors! So sorry for the loss of your furry family member. Thanks for joining us this month for the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

Linda

MariLynn said...

Your rolled flower looks so pretty. I love the beautiful colors on your card. So sorry about Squirrel. We had a farm cat named squirrel too. It was a dwarfed cat. It wasn't smart enough to stay out of the dog pen and we found it one afternoon after the dogs had used it as a play toy. We had so many cat funerals. I can't even begin to count them. They never got any easier. One cat named Bob, just lay down one day and couldn't get up. He lay there breathing heavily. When he died, I was so sad. I saw a friend in town, who asked why I was so sad and I told her my cat died. She laughed and said Oh I thought it was something really bad. I guess she wasn't a cat person.