Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My 'Soon to be' New Craft Room....



NOT! lol.  (a girl can wish right?!)  Well... some day it might be, but this "use to be our 2-car garage" is soon to be my oldest daughter's new bedroom.  She's 13 and she shares the tiniest room with her almost 12 year old sister and believe me... they *need* their own space!  LOL.  I am hoping that with more room and storage/shelving they will be able to keep their rooms picked up a li'l better too!  We shall see about that!

Between my camera taking pics in the evening with a fluorescent light in there and your computer screen, this color prolly isn't exactly right.  But it's called "Jamaican Aqua" and is a light Teal.  My hand is in desperate need of a massage tonight as I did the part where the wall meets the ceiling with a paintbrush around the whole room, and rollered on 2 of the walls this afternoon!  After having double carpal tunnel surgeries last year, am hoping this doesn't cause a set back, but hubby refuses to hand-paint.  He did help with texturizing the walls and he sprayed on the primer and white.  So the rolling is up to us girls.  The carpet guy came today to measure and the electricians should be in later this week to finish hooking up the outlets and lights etc.  We still need to buy the main door and closet doors, and cut and paint all the baseboards, molding and window sills.  What a job this has been.  You are prolly bored to death reading this, and I know my hand is cramping so I'll sign off.  Just wanted to share what I've been doing when I'm not crafting or working!  :)


Tomorrow I have a fun post with a Blog Hop!! There's even a prize involved, so I hope you'll come back and see what it's all about *Ü*

7 comments:

Lorie said...

I love the color Kris...even if it isn't exactly correct! Fun stuff!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun Fun- your daughter is a lucky lady! I love the color- blues and teals are my fav's! Take card of your self!!!

MaxineD said...

What a marathon!! Well done - I hate painting - I only do it under duress!
Blessings
Maxine

Leanne ... said...

The room looks great so far. I'm sure your daughter will be tickled as well? Enjoy...
Hugs...Leanne

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

You got me on the title and the color of the room! I was so excited, because that is the color of my craft room!!! She is going to love having her own room! And, keep dreaming for your own craft room, too! Dreams are good to have! :) ~H

Helen said...

You got me on the title and the color of the room! I was so excited, because that is the color of my craft room!!! She is going to love having her own room! And, keep dreaming for your own craft room, too! Dreams are good to have! :) ~H