Wednesday, May 02, 2012

My 1,500th Post & a Butterfly Blog Hop

Welcome friends!!  It’s a Wonderful Wednesday today as I celebrate my 1,500th blog post!!  I’ve been blogging since August, 2006.  I wanted to do a special post for today but wasn’t sure what… that is until yesterday!  Mary of Serendipity Stamps asked me if I’d like to participate in her DT’s Butterfly Blog Hop!  Of course I said, YES!!  So I created a very special project for mom as my “special” post today.  Thanks for being here with me and for all the wonderful comments you guys leave.  I’m truly blessed to have made some wonderful blogging friends out there.   I would NOT be blogging today if it weren’t for your encouragement.  *Ü* 
 
For my project I made a Bird Cage Gift Box to hold a flameless candle and some li’l flowers.  I decorated the outside with these gorgeous floral butterflies from Serendipity!!  They also have matching dies to cut them out.  I don’t have those… yet, so I cut them by hand.  
 
I inked up the butterfly stamps in coral and Saffron classic ink and then added coffee pearls to the bodies.  I also just rolled the wings around my finger a few times to get some shape to them.  Four butterflies adorn the cage, as well as some svg branches.  It’s really hard to see here, but before I put my cage together, I sponged it in Blush and stamped this neat background stamp that has words like “Butterfly, Dragonfly, Ladybug, honeybee” etc. 

Here you can see the flameless candle and some li’l roses and leaves squished in there.  Of course you can add lots of various gift items like bath/body items, little kitchen towels, etc.

Here it is lit up.

Hope you enjoyed my 1,500th post!!  If you are loving these stamps like I am, you will want to take advantage of their free shipping now through May 7th with any U.S. order of $10 or more!  Lots of great stamps and dies. 

Now hop to the Serendipity Stamps Design Team for more inspiration!!  *Ü*

Amy Cokley Amy Cokley

Jeanne Jachna Jeanne Jachna

Jenny Gropp Jenny Gropp

Kathie Bailey  Kathie Bailey

Miriam Napier Miriam Napier

Sue Eldred Sue Eldred

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenges I’m entering this into:

SSiC:  include Green, or something planted (flowers)

Cooking with Cricut:  Mother’s Day

Word Art Wednesday;  use word art / scripture/sentiments?

*Note:  Birdcage Gift Box is a “My Timeless Template” and “Branching Out” is an svg from the same

20 comments:

MaxineD said...

Kris this is fabulous - love all the detail and I am sure you Mom will too.
Blessings
Maxine

Amy Cokley said...

Amazing! That is a truly unique creation!

Bea und Doreen said...

this is stunning too - wow
Hugs
Doreen xx

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Firstly Congrats on the 1,500th Blog Post. Secondly lol....Oh WOW WOW WOW this is just Stunning Kris!!! absolutely blew me away when I saw it, such a truly Beautiful project and those butterflies look like they were die-cut!!! Stunning creation Kris, I love it.
Hugs Jacq xxx

Lorie said...

Congrats on your 1500th post! What a stunner your project is Kris!

Joanna said...

Congratulations Kris on your 1,500th post. Amazing. No wonder you've had so many ... because you keep cranking out the cool projects! Can't wait to see more fun stuff in the future!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO super creative and beautiful. We are SO grateful to you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. What a blessing to see something this gorgeous in our challenge. Have a wonderful week in the Lord!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Kathy W. said...

Wow! This is terrific Sis :) Congrats on your 1500th post *Ü* Yeah!!

Mynnette said...

LOVE this!!! The candle is a perfect gift for mother's day, and the elements you've used are gorgeous! :)

Becky said...

wow girl, this is awesome. :)

Jenny Gropp said...

Kris, this is so beautiful! I love everything about it! Welcome to team!

Jeanne J said...

Christine - Wow this is so pretty! What a great project - who wouldn't love to receive this beauty? Your butterflies are stamped beautifully and I love the bird cage / candle holder! Congratulations on your 1500th post WOW! You've been at this a while now!!!! How about another follower... ME!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is amazing- LOVE this idea- turned out just beautifully! Congrats on your 1500 post- that is quite the accomplishment!!!

Kathie Bailey said...

Jaw dropping beautiful Kristine! How great to get to meet you and see your creations through your guest spot with Serendipity Stamps. I'm a fan!

Marlou McAlees said...

wow!! this is stunning!! :) ♥

Wendy Swenne said...

This really is stunning. Love it.

Thanks for playing along with WAW.

Wendy

Helen said...

Oh, Kris, this is amazing! It's so beautiful! One of your best creations yet! I love it!
Blessings!
~H

Candice Fields said...

I love the birdcage! Thanks for joining us over at PCW.

mylittlecraftblog said...

Your project is stunning! Beautiful soft colors and so much detail!

Congratulations on your 1,500th post! What an accomplishment! Keep it up!

Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting World's Mothers' Day challenge.

Evelyn

Janet Baldwin said...

Love this! Thanks for joining us at the PCW Challenge this week!