Tuesday, May 01, 2012

More Guy Cards with Serendipity Stamps

Happy May Day everyone!!  May Day use to be a day that we’d make li’l flower baskets and leave them on doorsteps of people we knew (as kids).  You hardly hear of that anymore.  But that thought is so nice, so pretend I’m giving y’all some flowers today, lol.  Ironically enough, my post have nothing to do with flowers.  In fact, it’s all about the guys!! 

Today I’m sharing my 3rd “Guest Designer” post for Serendipity Stamps! I created 2 easel cards; the first using the Airplane Cling set which includes a neat sentiment by Emily Dickenson called,  “We Never Know.”   

I have to say I was inspired by my friend Diane’s card here so it kinda has that same feel although different stamps were used and different layout.  I colored the airplane with Copics and added clear stardust gellyroll pen to the propellars and spokes of the wheels.  The top half of the card front has a light blue layer that I dry embossed with the swirls folder, resembling movement of clouds.  Machine stitching, buttons and twine complete the “masculine feel” I was going for.   Looks a li’l ODD in the picture below, but hopefully the recipient will know how it stands up :)  I like to print a li’l thumbnail picture of it from the side so they can see how they can display their easel card. 
My next card I used just the Airplane stamp along with a separate “Father’s Day” stamp.  I stamped the airplane on Kraft cardstock and colored with my Prisma colored pencils.  Added a fun snap that says “Imagine”, brads, stitching & stardust pen highlights again.
These “ribbons” made of paper are pretty popular right now, so I went with it :)

Right now, thru May 7th you can get FREE SHIPPING on US orders over $10!!  Check out more fabby inspiration from the Serendipity Designers on the blog.   Thanks for dropping by.  Please leave me a comment ~ thanks!!  *Ü*

8 comments:

Lorie said...

They are both just gorgeous Kris!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Love these cards...Awesome!

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Hope you and the Family are all well. Wow these are simply Fabulous!!! Love the images, the dp's are just perfect, gorgeous colour schemes. Love the stitching you've done on them too. Coloured to perfection as always. Happy May Day to you and the Family too.
Hugs Jacq xxx

Kelly L said...

Awesome guy cards, Kris!! I love the airplane stamp. I will have to take a peek at these :)

Hugs from Atlanta this week where it is nice and warm. Kelly :)

Kathy W. said...

These are awesome Sis! Love the easel cards with this image :) Miss you too *Ü*

Candace said...

Kris, I am going to HAVE to have this airplane stamp! My dad builds and flies remote control airplanes, so I'm always on the lookout for airplane stamps for his cards. Thanks for the inspiration!!

shamraiz said...

This is fantastic. I am definitely going to have a go at this. Your one is absolutely gorgeous,
regards,
sam x x x

Membership Cards
Plastic VIP Cards
scratch card

Helen said...

These are perfect "man cards"! I love your papers and that little airplane is adorable!
~H