Saturday, May 12, 2012

Floating Heart Swing Card for Mom

Edited to add:  Several of you are looking for this tutorial on SCS.  I am sorry my link didn't work.  I orginally linked to the category "swing" cards in Resources.  But what I did here is really a "spin off" of both the swing (fliip flop) card and the swinging z-fold card.  I am going to post my tutorial here on this card in the next couple of days Thank You for your lovely comments! (5-14-12)

Hi, I’m back with another swing card today.  This one can be used for a Mother’s Day card!  You see that beautiful Scroll Heart floating in the middle?  That’s a die from Serendipity Stamps and I {heart} it so much!   Very pretty huh?  I used some wax paper on the die before placing my cardstock on it, and I did add an extra piece of c.s. as a shim when running it through my Cuttlebug.  But it came out beautifully!  In fact, when it first came out with the wax paper stuck to it, that was really pretty too as it gave it a shimmery frosted look!!  But I peeled it off for my card.  I actually ran another one through and glued the two together with fishing line in between so it can “float.”
These swing cards are so fun.  I know, I know… they aren’t a “NEW” idea… but they’re new to me so I’m having fun with them.  

and here it is with the card unfolded.  The heart twists and turns as you open the card!

Find more inspiration at the Serendipity Stamps Blog and the DT:
                                                               
Amy Cokley Amy Cokley Holly
Holly Craft 
Jeanne Jachna Jeanne Jachna Jenny Gropp Jenny Gropp Kathie Bailey  Kathie Bailey Miriam Napier Miriam Napier Sue Eldred Sue Eldred

12 comments:

Kelly L said...

Wow, Kris!! This is beautiful. I have never tried a swing card (too chicken, I guess), but since I have seen yours, I want to try one too! :) Such beautiful paper, and I love the big pretty flower you added to the bottom corner too. Truly a labor of love. Hugs and Happy Mother's Day a little bit early. Kel xo

Danni said...

This is just so pretty! Fab card!

Jeanne J said...

Kris - another beauty! Such a clever folded card and that elegant heart scroll dangling - AMAZING! Such a beauty! Well done! I love it!

MaxineD said...

Gorgeous, Kris - love the delicate heart contrasted against the bold design of the paper.
Blessings
Maxine

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous, and the swinging heart is the icing on the cake. Wow!

Lorie said...

That is gorgeous Kris!

Helen said...

Very, very pretty card! I love the swinging of the heart! It's such a cool idea! Perfect for a special mom!

Leanne ... said...

So very pretty Kris. What a nice card! I haven't tired anything like this before. Maybe one of these days.
Blessings... from Leanne

Becky said...

wow...This sure is pretty! I love that heart and beautiful dp.

Lagene said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! I couldn't get to the tutorial from your post...don't know if its my computer or the link?

Bella Carta at Art 'n Soul said...

beautiful card; i tried the link to directions at SCS and it didn't work. thanks for sharing.

ednamburgess said...

Love the card, but can't find it on SPS.???? Help. Edna