Sunday, April 22, 2012

SSiC - Inspired Cards in Soft Pastels

Good Morning!  We’ve been having really nice weather in the 60’s-70’s this weekend!  Hope it’s nice where you are too!  We have a new challenge up at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ  Challenges.   Our hostess is Lovely Linda who chose this verse:  “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”  Psa 119:105 and so her challenge for us is to use Soft Pastels (you may use white/brown/black as a neutral).  Our sponsor is Inspired Stamps who is offering the winner of our challenge a $15 gift voucher to their store!! 

Many thanks to Antoinette at Inspired Stamps (our sponsor) for gifting our Design Team with clear stamps for our projects!!  For my first card I used  His Little Ones: Praying Girl, and a sentiment from the Inspired Stampers Favorite Collection #2, in which I popped up off of the beautiful doily stamp called Lovely Lace.  

A little tip:  make sure when using clear stamps to “condition your stamps” before the first use.  I didn’t do that at first and I wasn’t getting a real solid ink-up.  So after I went over it with an eraser (and rinsed and dried) I inked up my brayer with Lavender Lace classic ink and rolled it onto the Lovely Lace stamp and it produced a much better, solid image. )

For the praying girl, I decided to try a technique I saw (in the SCS Weekly Inkling??) called “Coloring w/o Lines.”  You stamp it in a very light color (I used Pretty in Pink) and then I used my Copics to color from the lightest shade to the darkest.  Makes for a much softer…  kinda painted look!

And for my 2nd card, I used the set called, “Flowers”  along with my daughter’s sketch at Sketches by Carly.   I inked up the daisy in grey ink instead of black for a softer look.

Here’s a pic to show the 3 layers.  Some of the petals I cut out from various layers and used zots to mount them together. 

Thanks for stopping by!!  I hope you’ll play in our Pastel challenge this week!

15 comments:

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Hope you and the family are all well. Oh My Goodness this is Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the adorable image and the sentiment is gorgeous too. Love the dp, the colour scheme is beautiful. Love the layout and the embellishments look fabulous. Love the new technique you tried, it looks fabulous.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Kathy W. said...

Wow! Both cards are adorable Sis :Þ Loving the daisy and of course that cute praying girl..so sweet *Ü* Love the soft look and feel!

Miesje said...

Gulp - these are amazing! I love that daisy and your coloring of the adorable praying girl is perfect - I will have to find that technique AND thanks for the tip - I did not know that!!!

Leanne ... said...

Your little praying girl is ADORABLE! The card in lavender is beautiful and your flower.
Blessings...from Leanne

Shelly Schmidt said...

I wish I had your eye for color- if even for an hour....LOL I love your cards- the purple card- so pretty and soft- and the coloring- fab!!! Your 2nd card- another delight!

Becky said...

Both of these are fabulous Kristine. I love the adorable little girl praying and love the design of your second card..

Glenda Atkins said...

Two fantastic cards, love the little girl praying , you certainly accomplished the soft look, it looks fabulous! Your daisy card is beautiful, love the layered petals!

MaxineD said...

Kris these are beautiful - I particularly like the lavender one. Thanks for the tip about conditioning the clear stamps. :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Debbie said...

These are both wonderful cards!! All the detail you put into your work is amazing!!

Helen said...

Beautiful! I love the little praying girl and the daisy is gorgeous!

Peggysuez said...

These are both beautiful, love how you colored the little girl who is praying, such great highlights in her hair and color in her cheeks. Great tip too about conditioning the stamps, one that I don't always practice myself but should.

Diane said...

Wonderful cards, Kris! Great job on coloring the praying girl...you are a pro! Her hair is amazing. And love all the "flowerful" fun on card #2. All very sweet. Great challenge this week.

glassgraffitix2 said...

Both your cards are BEAUTIFUL! Love the way you created the popped up flower!

Traci M said...

Beautiful cards, Kris! I kept looking at that little girl, noticing something different but couldn't pinpoint it! I may have to try this...I love the layout of that card, reminds me of an easel!They are both amazing!

Lovely Linda said...

You are so creative Kris - I love both of your cards - they are so different but such great takes on this weeks challenge! Gorgeous colouring on the little girl too - love it! There is always so much to be seen on your blog! {{{hugs}}}