Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Feel the Love Project - Emily

 What a blessing it is when you come across someone who takes time to do special things for other people!!   I wanted to pop in here today to share with you about a special girl named Madison (age 16) who runs a constant card drive called "I Feel the Love Project".  She highlights a different child each month who could use some cheering up!!  This month's recipient is named Emily who was recently diagnosed with Leukemia. You can see her picture and read her story HERE.

Madison has a linky in April's IFTLP post for us all to link up our cards before we mail them to her.  I am cheating just a bit here as I barely have time to make cards for the 2 DT's I'm on lately and I've got bunches of cards sitting in boxes that I need to weed through and get sent to OWH.  So I looked and found this cutie which is going in the mail today.  I know Emily likes pink and purple, horses and kitties...  but pandas are pretty irresistable too, aren't they??!  *Ü* 

For this card I used Sweet Dreams Marci & Panda from La-La Land Crafts.

I have a link up top called "Cards for a Cause" which I will list card drives such as this, and Operation Write Home etc.  If you know of others please let me know and I'd be happy to get it on my page! 

Thanks again Madison for starting the "I Feel the Love Project"!!  I'm sure these kids feel the love and so do their families.  Blessings,

5 comments:

Mad Crafter said...

Kris, this is so cute:) Your work is really amazing. Thank you for this card for Emily and thank you for all your continued support at Cooking With Cricut.
~Madison CWC DT Funkycards.blog.spot.com

Helen said...

I love that you're doing a "Cards for a Cause" page on your blog! I just recently heard about Emily & sent her a card just this week, too. I do love the card you are sending her! It's one of my favorites of your designs! Hav a blessed day!
~H

Kelly L said...

What a wonderful cause ... I need to start stock-piling some cards to be ready for these causes when you post them too! TFS with us, Kris!

Seleise said...

love that card - the coloring is fantastic! good for you with your donations!

MaxineD said...

Kris what a blessing you are - may you be given plenty of time to craft as you bless others.
Cute card BTW :-)
Maxine