Sunday, March 25, 2012

SSiC132 - Toss on Everything!

Happy Sunday morning!!  Today’s card is for our new challenge over at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge where Miesje is our hostess.  She shares from Romans 8:31b-32 “If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”

… and her challenge for us is to create a card or project that uses everything! The opposite of CAS - toss on the embellishments and/or different papers, textures.

I made this card as a Thank You to a family who invited us out this week.  I’ve used a floral border embossing folder, lots of pearls from M5D, machine stitching, bows, buttons, a charm from Inky Impressions, a digi from Designed to Delight called Bloom, Grow, Dream, an SVG doily that I cut with my Cricut, a punched butterfly and I colored the image with Copics.  I could think of dozens of other schtuff I could’ve added to this like stickles, sponging or distressing, primas, and diecut flourishes but hey, we still want to see the image and not get too crowded right?  ;)  Anyways, I drew my inspiration for this card from one of Grace’s cards here.  Love this color combo… so fresh and Springy. 

Miesje shares a wonderful devotional on our challenge blog and our sponsor this week is our own Marilynn DeGroot with some fabulous handmade flowers  (there’s a picture on the challenge blog you’ll have to go see!!!)  so I hope you’ll hop on over to read and see what the other DT sisters created this week!! 

♥   ♥   ♥

Here’s a li’l peek into the Breach Family this past week…
  dad-remodel3    cards 140    cards 113    DonkBBall-1
This week was super busy for us here.

1) The first pic is my hubby in the middle of our remodel job.  I’m so proud of him as  he’s doing most of the work himself!!  The girls and I have helped with little things along the way.  Well… NOT so little things like take out the garage door and then this week we helped him get all the sheetrock through the new window—not an easy job!!   And we have 5 sheets of it up already.  *Ü*

2) Carly had her friend (and science partner) over about 5-6 evenings these past 2 weeks to work on their catapult project for science fair.  The big competition and judging was Thursday night.  Here’s a pic of their catapult, flames and all.  They won grand champion for 7th grade on their Display Board (sorry no pic of that) and got 35 out of 100 on the catapult competition.  They would’ve gotten much higher I’m sure if the spoon didn’t break off on their 2nd try :(  So they couldn’t finish their 3 rounds.  Guess all that practicing wore my cheapy, old kitchen ladle out. 

3)  Maddy had to plan, prepare and clean up after a meal for the family.  She took my recipe for meatloaves and made BBQ meatballs with it, and rice and blueberry muffins.  It all turned out really yummy!! 

4)  We enjoyed a game of Donkey Basketball at the High School.  Have you ever been to one?  Not sure if we have them every year or not, but I remember they were doing it when I was in H.S. ~ It is sooo funny!  One donkey kept kicking and then she’d bend her head down making her rider fall off over her head. 

5)  Not pictured… both girls sang solos for concerts at school Thurs. & Friday.  Carly was so nervous all week.  I think it all finally caught up to her because she was up with the throw-ups last night, and now running a fever today.  Poor girl.  Good thing it’s now SPRING BREAK and hoping she gets better by Monday so we can have some fun girly time.  I’m taking Mon-Tues. off work to be with my girls.  Please Say a li’l prayer for us that we’re all well enough to enjoy it!!   

Hope you have a great week!

17 comments:

Karen W said...

Fantastic card Kris, it's not showing up on the SSIC blog today. just your name and link

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Awww so sorry to hear Carly is unwell..hope shes soon feeling better and that you all have a wonderful Spring Break together.
Wow this is just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the image, the dps, the colour scheme is just so bright and cheery. Love the layout and the embellishments look fabulous. Coloured to perfection as always.
Hope you have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Becky said...

What a bright and beautiful card. Gorgeous Summer colors and beautiful elements.

Kathy W. said...

Oh my this is gorgeous Sis!! Love the color combo too and all the embellies...great job *Ü*

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh - this is an awesome answer to the challenge! I need to CASE you! I love it Kris, everything about it is perfect! Have a great Spring Break week!

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh - this is an awesome answer to the challenge! I need to CASE you! I love it Kris, everything about it is perfect! Have a great Spring Break week!

Leanne ... said...

Hi Kris

What a beutiful card. Very spring feeling indeed. I love that you machine stiched around the outside. Always adds a special touch. Something I've not attempted yet.
Looks like you've been busy with family. Enjoy your time off.
Continued prayers for little Leah.
Hugs and blessings....from Leanne

Shelly Schmidt said...

I'll pray for your little one! You do such an amazing job with color- this is fabulous! I love all of the added embellishments- and especially the sewing and the charm on the ribbons!

Kelly L said...

Bright and beautiful card, fun things kept you busy all week too I see. Hope and pray that Carly is felling better SOON! Hugs, Kelly

Lorie said...

Well, your card is fabulous as always Kris! Sounds like your week has been busy as usual! Hugs to Carly!

Margaret said...

Hi, I just had to stop by and tell you how much I LOVE this card! I was scrolling down the SSIC post and when your card appeared it was, wow and took my breath away. The watering can is fabulous and your colouring is perfect
Hugs, Margaret :o)

Diane said...

Kris...I love your interpretation of this week's challenge. What a fun, bright, springy card. Your mix of embellies is just perfect.

MariLynn said...

I hope that Carly is on the mend today. Love your card. The double ribbons with the little charm really caught my eye. Hope you have a blessed day!!!

Traci M said...

This is such a beautiful spring card, Kris...packed full of blooms, charm, and all things springy!! It just seems joyful, and that is a hallmark of all your creations! Thanks for sharing your week with us, and will say a prayer for Carly to be on the mend and you to have some special girl times with her!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, so green and bright, love it. Hope your Carly is better!

Helen said...

Man, you all have been busy! Being busy does keep one out of trouble, though. ;) I love this bright springy card! It makes me smile when I look at it! Have a blessed week!
~H

Grace said...

Hi Kris! Oh my goodness your card is so springy and pretty!!! I love that you visited my blog in the thinking process but girlfriend... you are full of inspiration!!! LOVE how you colored the image!

Wow you DID have a busy week! The room is looking great! Hope Carly is better now and hope no one else got it!!!

hugs,
Grace