Sunday, March 18, 2012

SSiC - With Heartfelt Sympathy

Good morning… it’s almost SPRING!!  Well, the calendar will tell you that, although “mother nature” I think has other plans… at least here in Central Oregon!  We have a new challenge over at SSiC today and Marilynn is our lovely hostess.  She shares Psalm 104:19 “He made the moon to mark the seasons…”  so with the changing of seasons this week, she is challenging us to make a card/project showing something related to the new season (Spring)!!

I used my beautiful set, “Hugs & Prayers” by Nina B Designs for my card.  (Thanks again to Traci Major for gifting me this set!) I love birds and I love this color combo for Spring.  Don’t look too closely at my mistakes please.  (don’tcha just love it when I point them out?)  Well I first tried coloring with my Copics and got too dark a turquoise, so I pulled out my watercolor paper and had fun with watercolors.  After I colored the flowers and bird and cut him out, I popped up a 2nd wing for dimension.  I also popped the whole bird up.

There was a LOT of “white space” so I grabbed a lid and scribbled on it with some SU! markers and then took my water pen and added some pink and green shading around the flowers and stems.  LOL… now that I look at my embellies, that green thingy on the left side with the white “antennae” kind reminds me of a snail.  *Ü*
We have a FABULOUS sponsor this week!!  Pop on over to our Challenge Blog to see what you can win if you play along and your name is drawn!!  You have until Saturday night to enter.  Have a wonderful week.  ♥Kris

12 comments:

Athina said...

This takes my breath away! So beautiful!

Kathy W. said...

Very pretty and I love the color combo too! This set is gorgeous and you did a great job at watercoloring :)

Lee Ann said...

Well, this is just gorgeous all around! Wonderful colors and image. Thanks for sharing!

Miesje said...

Oh Kris, I love it! I really like how you shadowed around the flowers. That looks awesome! The details are wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Traci M said...

Wow, love your color combination...turquoise and green, so vibrant and beautiful together!! You've made a beautiful sympathy card here, Kris...so happy you are liking your set!! Wishing you a blessed week! And only those who live or lived in Oregon would recongize that pesky snail in the corner! ;)

MaxineD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaxineD said...

Nice one Kris - I love playing with watercolours :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Beautiful colors and coloring Kris!! Fabulous card ~jeni :)

Sharon Roselli said...

wow this is awesome coloring! love the colors you choose and the shading. someday with alot more practice I will get there. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Lovely Linda said...

Gorgeous Kris - love your water colouring! The colours are divine and certainly bring Spring close! Thanks for the inspiration - I love this set Traci blessed you with! {{{hugs}}}

Peggysuez said...

This is fabulous coloring, wish I had those flowers coming up in my yard! I'll just have you over with all of your coloring utensils and you can have at it. I happen to like snails too and they belong in the garden, so its all good. Just love this card.

Helen said...

This card has such a calming effect. It's beautiful, breathtaking even. A perfect sympathy card.