Saturday, March 10, 2012

SSiC - Dark vs. Light

Today’s card is for the Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge, which is to use opposite colors (ie. black/white, brown/ivory, pink/red etc).

I chose some variations of greens along with some fun SVG’s of some dress forms to make an elegant “girly” card.  I also embossed the white layers with the herringbone folder (hard to see that here) and added some pearls, lace and twine. 
The middle dress didn’t cut so well on my cricut so I covered it up with some green tissue paper.  My dd Maddy made the skirt for me – I just glued it on and added a bow. 

Miesje is our challenge hostess and has a wonderful Scripture and devotional posted on our challenge blog, so pop on over to read for yourself and see what the girls made *Ü*

I feel like I'm missing something?  Oh well... it’s late and I’ve been fighting terrible allergies this weekend (he one bad thing about this beautiful weather we’re having lately).  Hope you have a great week! 

14 comments:

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Hope you and the Family are all well. Oh My Goodness this is Absolutely Beautiful!!! Love the little dresses and your daughters little skirt looks fabulous on there. A really elegant and beautiful creation Kris. Love it.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Bananastamper said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kristine! I especially love the middle dress with the poufy tissue paper skirt!! Fabulous! Hope you feel better soon. I too suffer from seasonal allergies, but have awhile yet before they should descend upon me since we are still buried in snow!
Shanna :)

Crystal said...

Oh my word Kristine this is FABULOUS!!!!! EEEEK those dresses are totally ADORABLE!! What a fun idea, and fabulous design....AWESOME!!! LOVE LOVE this girly!!!

Lorie said...

That is gorgeous Kris! I love the white/black/yellow combo, very classy!

Miesje said...

Absolutely love it Kris! That green with it is perfect! Good job with the skirt Maddy! I certainly hope that your allergies give you a rest this week!

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, love the green and the wonderful sentiment!

Kathy W. said...

This is beautiful Kris! Love the dress forms, you did a fantastic job with this one :)

Helen said...

I really, really, really like this card! I love the dress forms & dresses! So unique and wonderful! Love it!!!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Love the lime green and black color combo Kris! Great card and perfect sentiment. ~jeni :)

MaxineD said...

Hi Kris - love the colours and the contrasts on this card. The textures are awesome too, esp with the tissue skirt.
Blessings
Maxine

Kristen said...

Kris, this card is gorgeous!!!!

MariLynn said...

Kris, this is fantastic!! I love the colors and layout that you used. My eye was especially captured by all those wonderful little pearls. Have a blessed day.

Debbie said...

This is such a pretty card!! I love the dresses!!

Peggysuez said...

All week long I've been meaning to come here and tell you what a gorgeous card you created . . . better late than never? :) Love the black with the green, I almost never pair up those colors and look how they turned out, gorgeous!