Sunday, March 04, 2012

Psalm 91:4 - Enchanted Sparrow Paperscape

Good Sunday Morning!  I get to play hostess this week’s Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge and our sponsor is Digi Doodle Shop.  The verse on my wall hanging is the Scripture I chose to share for my devotional; “He will cover you with His feathers and under His wings you will find refuge.”  This is a verse I learned many years ago and I just find it very comforting to know that God is always there through anything we’re going through… He’s our safe shelter from the storms of life… He covers us with His wings and is our refuge.  If you care to read more of my devo, please hop over to the SSiC blog.  We love having you all visit and share with us through comments what spoke to you this week or even if our DT inspired you!!  Swing on by  *Ü* 

My challenge for you this week is “THINGS with WINGS”

For my card I made this Enchanted Sparrow Paperscape from an SVG set over at svgCuts.com and printed the Scripture with my computer.

In case you’re interested in how I made the flowers, read on.  If not, skip on down to leave me a comment (ha) and then pop over to our challenge blog to be blessed *Ü*

I cut out 8 sets, but only used 7.  Just kinda eye it and see what looks good to you.  The stamens were cut out of shimmery white paper—some I colored the tips in yellow and some I left white.  enchanted flowers1 Then I took the rolly ball thingy that you dry emboss with (opposite end of my paper piercer) and with my flowers on the backside of a computer mouse pad, I gently rolled circles into each petal and then in the center of the flower which causes it to curl up … Neat trick huh?  (it was in the instructional video *wink*)

embosstool       flower

Then I took those comb-looking things (stamens) and rolled them around the end of my paper piercer (the tiny end) and added a dab of glue to the end.  Then either add a dab more glue or use a glue dot to the underside and plant it in the middle of the flower.  Then use your finger to spread out the wiggly thingies to look like a flower!  I tried the yellow-tipped first but it blended in too much from a distance, so I used the pure white stamens for my project.

 flowerstamen     flowerwhite
Here’s what it looks like lying flat on the table:

Lots of fun to make!! 
I am loving my cricut and learning more all the time.
 
Hope you’ll come play in our THINGS with WINGS challenge!!

9 comments:

Bananastamper said...

This is such a beautiful card Kristine! I love your flowers, thanks for sharing how you made them!
Hugs,
Shanna :)

Becky said...

Wonderful devotional this morning Kris. Something we need to remember always, that He loves us and will not forsake us.
Gorgeous card, love the the bird with the layers of colors and love those flowers. Great tutorial on those.
Hugs :)

Lorie said...

That is just stunning Kris! Such a gorgeous wall hanging and sentiment!

MaxineD said...

beautiful project Kris - and I am off to SSIC to read the devotional.
Blessings
Maxine

Traci M said...

Kris, your hanging is beautiful...love the depth you achieved with your flowers and stamens...and this is one of my very favorite scriptures!! Thanks for sharing your devotion today, and I sure hope your husband's mom is healing up okay...that is so hard on people that age!! Bless her heart!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful project- love the fun visuals for the pretty flower. Off to read the blog post...! Have a great day : )

Glenda Atkins said...

Love that you do little tutorial with some of your work, this is a wonderful write up on how to do your flowers. Thanks

Miesje said...

OH my , too darn cute! Love the bird and the butterfly and really love the flowers, thanks for the directions! What fun! Really like your devo too - I also love the image of the wings surrounding us! Have a fantastic week!

It's me Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing that BEAUTIFUL card. I just love the sparrow! I may have to add that to my SVG collection!

Cheryl