Tuesday, March 13, 2012

{Enjoy} ... a Little Sunshine!!

Happy Tuesday bloggy peeps!!  Before I get to my card today I want to share a treasure trove I found yesterday.  It's Leanne's blog, Stampin a Little Sunshine.  Her creations are so gorgeous ... you'll want to hop over and see for yourself!  And if you like what you see, (and I know you will) why not leave her a some luv (comments ~ we all appreciate them!)  *Ü*  I especially adore her seashell card.  Anyways, after perusing her blog I was inspired to to create my card for today.  It's my take on a li'l vintage... a li'l shabby chic maybe?? Girly for sure!!  *Ü*
This birdcage is an SVG that I got for free from SheryK Designs in a Spring set.  I cut out 2 of them, but the white one I deleted all the little holes to make it a solid back.  I also cut out a chocolate bird and taped it to the back piece and then popped the top pink layer up with dimensionals.  The pearly flourish is from McMahon’s Five Designs (what I call an online superstore chalk full of elegant everythings!) … love that store—they have tons of crafting supplies from stamps & digis to papers to fancy embellies to Spellbinders and more! 
Challenges I’m entering this into:
Karen’s Doodles – Something Special Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes
Lexi’s Creations – Mother’s Day Cutie Pie Challenge – Pearls & Swirls
Totally Stampaliscious – Flowers Di’s Digi Downloads - Pastels
Dream Valley Challenge – Mom’s Day Create Me Pink - Spring
The Craft Place – Anything Goes Pink Gem Challenge – Perfect Pastels
Craft Your Days Away – Mom’s Day Crazy 4 Challenges – Spring is in the Air
The Pixie Cottage – Things w/ Wings My Mum’s Craft Shop - Spring
Just Some Lines – 2 items,  6 mo.s old Little Darlings Challenges - Pearls
Totally Gorjuss – anything w/ a button Totally Papercrafts – My Favorite Things
Digi Doodle Shop’s Best - Animals Incy Wincy Designs – TicTacToe (middle across)

25 comments:

Lorie said...

Gorgeousness Kris...love it!

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Oh WOW this is simply Stunning!!! Love this beautiful creation, the dps, the colour scheme is simply Beautiful. Love the layout and the embellishments are simply gorgeous.
Hugs Jacqui xxxxxx

Leanne ... said...

GREAT card Kris. Love the colors and that darling bird cage. The frame is also so pretty. Good luck on all your challenges. I'm sure you'll win somewhere it's to cute not to. Thanks for all your insperation and all you've done to send people my way.
Paper hugs and blessings...from Leanne

Patti J said...

Woweeeeee.....what a beautiful card, Kris! Oh my goodness - I love everything about it! You are amazing, and I miss u!!!

Lisa xx said...

this is gorgeous, and the colours are just great, thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful Kristine! I love your stitching and the gorgeous pearls. the birdcage is perfect and I love how you layered it.
Enjoy your day,
Shanna :)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss.

Kelly L said...

Hey, Kris!! This is beautiful! I love the Shabby Chic look. You know how to rock'em, girl, no matter what the style! :) I haven't had much time to blog hop, but with our new buy-out, that might be changing ... hmm, wonder if I can create enough cards and sell them for my hourly rate LOL (probably not). *sigh* Wish I could though. Now, that would be my dream job! :)

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card Helen.Thanks for sharing this with us at Digi Doodle Shop this week.xxx

Julie said...

Great card - you've done a great job with that Bird cage!

Thanks for joining us at CYDA for our Mothers Day Challenge, hope you come back and play along with us again soon!

Julie xx

MaxineD said...

beautiful and feminine Kris - love it!
Blessings
Maxine

Shanna Shands said...

This is very shabby chic and elegant. Thanks for sharing with the Pixie Cottage.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Kris!

ahlers5 said...

Lovely card! The heart border is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop this week. Good luck in the draw.

Diane

MagsB said...

Oh how gorgeous! The birdcage is delightful, and the pearl swirl is so elegant! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Heidi said...

Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage challenge.

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love it...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card,lovely colours and design and such a sweet little image....Thank you for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge,hope to see you next time....
Mandy x

Scrappy Scatty said...

This is lovely - thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy this week
Love Jan
xx

Bettina L. said...

This is really beautiful. I love the punched edges and the design with sewing, ruffled ribbon, the birdcage and the gorgeous swirl. Thanks for playing at Cutie Pie and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Lori said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Totally Stampalicious this week :)

Linda Elbourne said...

Very pretty! Lovely delicate colours! Thanks for sharing your work with the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon!

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles :)

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Thanks for playing with us at Just Some Lines Spring Cleaning!
To be entered in the Challenge you need to list at least 2 items that you used that are at least 6 months old.
Love, Laura
ps- don't forget to check out my blog for the extra goody box for my followers (getting close to 100!)

Jakki said...

what a pretty card and can be used for any occasion love it
Jakki