Monday, March 19, 2012

Card Drive for Leah & an Update

Hello all… I’m back with an update on 6 yr. old Leah.   Last week I posted about Leah who was in the hospital on dialysis for pneumonia and who’s kidneys were starting to fail.  Yesterday I learned that she not only had pneumonia, but a staph infection (very dangerous) and strep A as well.  Things didn’t look for there for a while.  

Jerusha informed me that Leah’s doing better, however still running high fevers trying to fight all this stuff.  She’s on a ventilator and the doctors think she’ll prolly be in the hospital for no less than 4+ weeks.  We know God is the Great Physician and Healer and I know that when my great-niece was hospitalized a few short months ago that she improved much quicker than doctors thought.  Your prayers are appreciated for li’l Leah, and if you or your kids would like to send her a card, please Email me at krisb33 AT yahoo DOT com and I’ll give you her mailing address.  Thanks for asking for updates ladies.  You are the best and through our prayers and well wishes, she is sure to feel the love around the world.

For my card I used the newly released Marci with Bunny and the Stump from La-La Land Crafts along with Carly’s sketch #52.  If you use any La-La Land Crafts image, you can link up in their Customer Gallery for a chance to win stamps!!

carlysketch 52



Isaiah 53:5 
“5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities;       The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.”

7 comments:

Jacq said...

Hi Kris,
Hope you and the family are all well. Awwww bless little Leah, I hope shes on the mend soon, will keep her in my thoughts.
Oh what an Absolutely Gorgeous card!!! Love the super adorable image, the dps, the colour scheme is so bright and cheery. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured to perfection as always.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Peggysuez said...

Will continue praying for Leah. I have a stamp set out on my desk, now I just need to use it some time today to get that card done! This one is very pretty.

*Vicki* said...

AW! Bless little Leah!! Hope she's better soon!! Your card is really sweet Kris!! Love the coloring and fun Spring scene!! Hope you have a great day!! HUGS :)

Leanne ... said...

Hi Kris
Thanis so much for the update to sweet little Leah. She has been in my thoughts and prayers. I checked your site for a update and you graciously had one. Thanks...

The card is so cute. If she receives I am sure it will bring a big smile to her.
Hugs...and blessings from Leanne

Kathy W. said...

This is a great card..Leah will love it for sure! Is that a new Marci??

Helen said...

This card is awesome! That little Marci is so precious and I love your papers! Just beautiful!

Fiona said...

Hi Kris,

We are sending all our love and best wishes to Leah. As a mum I could think of nothing worse. Your card is beautiful. xxx Fiona, Ayshia and Jostyn