Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's for RMHC & a CDAC Challenge

Happy Valentine’s Day to all my bloggy friends out there!!  Hope you have a wonderful day today and feel very loved by your friends and family today.
 
I have a couple things to share… this first is another mailbox that my daughter Carly made for the Ronald McDonald House that we stayed at when my youngest was born.  She was 6 1/2 weeks preemie and stayed in the NICU for a month.  The RMH was such a blessing as they only charge what you can pay, but ask for $0 - $15 per night.  So we try to give back when we can and one way we do that is by taking Valentine’s to leave for the families staying there.  Carly and I made 15 of these cuties with my cricut and an SVG set and we delivered it yesterday while in town.  You can see more pictures of the box etc. on Carly’s Blog.  Maddy made some homemade valentines too that I’m sure she’ll be sharing on her blog soon.  We took her valentines to the kids in the hospital.  It’s always a wonderful feeling to give back in this way and they really appreciate the gesture as well.  :) 

We had a wonderful day yesterday!!  Besides delivering the valentines, the whole family saw that movie “Big Miracle” (about the 3 whales).  Good movie!  Then we hit a few shops and ate dinner at Olive Garden…Yum!
 
By the time we got home (9 p.m.) I realized I had 3 hours to get a card made and uploaded for the CDAC progressive freebie challenge!!  ACK.  Not wanting to stay up much longer, I made a quickie card so I don’t miss out on the next group of free images!   I used the cute bear from Sew Many Cards and added some winter accessories from Doodle Pantry!  The sentiment I computer-generated and says “Thinking of you warms my heart.”


Thanks for stopping by!! *Ü*  And Happy Valentine’s Day to you!!

14 comments:

Lorie said...

Wow! Fantastic job on the box and the Valetine's. I'm more than sure they will be loved! Great card, as always, too!

Heide said...

Your Valentines are sure to put a smile on some faces! Great idea.

Shelby said...

Loved your shaped easel card and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us in this round of the progressive challenges at CDAC.

Shelby

Kathy W. said...

So very cute Kris & Carly! Love the mail box and the Valentines.

Your CDAC card is so cute, I love it with the winter accessories!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Such a cute and pretty card! Love all the valentine mailbox and sweet Valentines!

AllisonG said...

Wow, you girls sure were busy spreading good cheer! Love the valentines and the mailbox.

I can't believe you just "threw together" that CDAC card. I'd be happy to have just 1/10 of your talent! Such a cute card.

Patti J said...

Darling card, Kris! Can't believe you threw it together - wow!!! I love what you and your family did for the RMH. What a wonderful gesture, and one that I'm sure is greatly appreciated. It makes me happy to know that your girls are blessing people that way! Hugs, my friend...

Helen said...

THESE ARE UBER ADORABLE!!!! I love that you all give back to those who have helped. That is such a great charity, too. Love ya!

Kelly L said...

Sounds like you all had a great Valentine's Day! :) And then you came home and quickly put this one together?! lol Wow, I wish I could quickly put together something that looked this fabulous! Great job, very cute image, and love the shape you chose too.

Hugs and blessings sent your way, dear friend! xo Kel

Amy Johnson said...

Everything is just so cute and adorable! I love all the Valentine's and your Doodle Pantry card! The pink is so pretty!

Karen Howard said...

This is really cute, love how you added the accessories!!! This is my last month with the DT, thanks so much for your support and all the inspiration!! Hugs, Karen

Bananastamper said...

Wow, these are fantastic!! I especially love the Valentine with the treble clef on it! What a fabulous gesture! Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous mailbox and valentine's! What a wonderful way to say thanks, good for you and your girls!

Dawn Frost said...

What a lovely thoughtful thing to do on Valentines Day, any day for that matter! Great merging of the winter accessories, look so perfect!