Sunday, February 26, 2012

SSCC – You Color My World

Good morning bloggy friends!!  So, it’s been a whole week since I’ve posted a card… that’s so not “the norm” for me.  I think the winter blah-zays have hit me.  Why does the shortest month of the year always feel so long?  Once Valentine’s Day is over the rest of it goes downhill it seems.  We did get some snow here yesterday, but not enough to play in, bummer :(    So when I created this very colorful card it perked me right up.  *Ü*

This week’s inspiration theme at La-La Land Crafts  is RAINBOWS which inspired this card… and it totally fits with our new challenge today at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ. The lovely Traci is hosting this week’s challeng e and she was inspired by James 1:2-3 "Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance."  Super fabulous devotional as well, so be sure to pop on over to our SSIC challenge blog to read that and see all the colorful inspiration!!

Our sponsor is none other than… La-La Land Crafts stamps who is giving away these 3 rubber stamps to one lucky player in our challenge!  Super cute huh?
 
For my card I colored up Mod Marci with Copics.  The rainbow paper is so bright and pretty.  I am thinking it’s by Echo Park.  I added machine stitching and the yellow strip I cut using my Cricut with a free SVG file of borders. 

You might wonder about a GREEN guitar… but my daughter Maddy actually plays a green guitar!  *Ü*  Let me see if I can find a photo for you.  Well, not the best photo, but here’s an “in between gigs” shot…
 
Maddy-guitar 

Just a reminder… if you have kids who like to craft, please check out our La-La Land Craft for KIDS blog!!  There’s contests every other week and the kids post fun projects between contests as well.  I made up some cute badges with their new release images… feel free to take one and have your kids come play with us!!
       

Have a great week!!

15 comments:

Lorie said...

What a gorgeous fun card Kris! As always your coloring is terrific!

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh this is so perfect! I love the colors and the green guitar - awesome! Loved your coloring! Have a great week Kris!

Grace said...

Wow! Talk about eye popping color!!! This card is perfect and I love the photo of your DD with her green guitar! How cool is that.... and love the sentiment too!!!
Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

Bananastamper said...

So bright and cheery Kristine! Love it and love the sentiment too!

We are having the storm of the year here, so should have tons of snow to play in if we can get out the door,lol!
Hopefully it will do some good for our skiing conditions!
Cheers,
Shanna :)

p.s. Sorry to hear you are feeling blue. Keep playing in your craft room, that is sure to be the cure. Hugs

MaxineD said...

Love that card Kris :-) So cheerful. We are starting to see the autumnal colours appearing, so spring can't be too far away for you!!
Blessings
Maxine

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh love all those bright colours and the fabulous colouring on the image!

Love your daughters green guitar..

Jerusha said...

This is so cute! I am LOVING this card. I love colours and this card is so bright and fun! GAH! I wish I made it! Or had it in my room to bring me some cheer each day! Hehe. LOOOVE IT! Great card!!

Allie Cat Beads said...

I absolutely love your card! tfs!

Sheila said...

Love the green guitar! Your card is stunning.

Sheila
http://2pawprints.blogspot.com

Kathy W. said...

Oh my, this is so colorful and bright..love it sis!! Great job coloring.

Helen said...

I LOVE this cheerful card! The way you colored Marci's hair is fabulous! My son used to have a blue guitar. They are so cool in color! :)

Debbie said...

So colorful and pretty!! I was wondering about the green guitar and then read your post... how cool that your DD plays one!!!

Traci M said...

I can't find my comment...but thought for sure I'd been by...I love your oh-so cute card, Kris!! So pretty, and you are the coloring queen! Eye-popping color and beautiful hues! Hope you're having a blessed week!

maryr917 said...

thanks for such an encouraging message on the ssic blog-I really enjoyed it along with your beatuiful card

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Kris - this is so adorable! Your colours certainly POP! A gorgeous take on this weeks challenge!! {{{hugs}}}