Sunday, February 05, 2012

The JOY of the Lord is My Strength

Good morning *Ü* 
I had 3 challenges in mind when I sat down to create my card for today. 
  1. Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Marilynn shares John 3:16 this week and challenges us to create a project that shows love; it could be using a heart, or the word Love.
  2. Word Art Wednesday - Use the word art freebie for this week, which is Nehemiah 8:10, "The Joy of the Lord is my strength."
  3. Word Card Tutorial in this week's SCS Weekly Inkling newsletter - I challenged myself to create an interpretation of their "I ♥ U" to fit my WAW challenge, "JOY"
Upclose of the Word Art – Nehemiah 8:10
You can make any word you'd like, and if it's a longer word, you can always glue the ends of cs. together to make a longer strip! 

I encourage you to hop over to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge blog this week and read Marilynn's words of encouragement.  She has a bonus challenge to send your card to someone that might need to be reminded of God's love.  (especially those who might be alone next week during Valentine's and may just need that reminder that there IS someone who loves them more than anyone else ever could... Jesus!) In combining challenges, I decided to make my word card JOY.  I can't imagine that JOY can exist without Love as God is the giver of true joy, and... God is Love!  So instead of making the "O" in Joy, I made it a heart.  :)  Speaking of love... I want to invite you all to a Valentine Blog Hop that SSIC and WAW are having Feb. 9 – 13 where it’s all about love—God’s Love!!  There will be LOVE-ly projects and prizes so we hope you’ll join us!
Before I go I want to share this beautiful song sung by Jackie Evacho called, "To Believe." Gorgeous voice and beautiful message that will bless you today.

Hope you'll join in these challenges ~ I'll be lookin' for ya! 
Have a wonderful week friends *Ü*

22 comments:

Miesje said...

Love it! OMGoodness! What an amazing piece of art - Wordart that is! Fantastic Kris!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Kris. Thanks SO MUCH for joining in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Please remember the Blog Hop February 9-13, as well as this Wednesday's new challenge. We're so happy you joined us!
Blessings,
Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
Word Art Wednesday

Danni said...

You rock! No other way to describe all the fabulous, gorgeous creations you make! and this is no exception!! Simply amazing!

Becky said...

this card is fabulous. Thank you for sharing this with us at Word art Wednesday.

Lorie said...

As always you have just hit this out of the park! So gorgeous!

MaxineD said...

Kris this is absolutely stunning and beautiful and, and, and.... i am loving it!
Blessings
Maxine

Grace said...

Oh this is just beautiful Kris! I wanted to try this technique on SCS... hope to do so soon! You have aced it for sure! LOVE little Jackie's singing... just incredible!!!Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

Joanna said...

Holy cow! Between your card and Jackie's AMAZING voice, your blog made my day!

Traci M said...

Kris, it took me awhile to figure out the middle was a heart...geeze am I slow on the ball...but I was mesmerized by the beauty of your word art and the oh so pretty papers!! You exude "joy" with this project, and it is a real "joy" to know you, too!! Have a blessed week!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful piece of work ,I love it! You are one talented lady!

Carol said...

Wow, that is so cool! I love the heart with the music paper! So beautiful!

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful Kristine! Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful video. Wow!!! She is so talented and I always love hearing the children sing. I found it mesmerizing!!
Hope you are having a great week so far!
Hugs,
Shanna :)

Kathy W. said...

Beautiful card Kris! Love the JOY word too... can't wait to try one of these =)

GCgirl said...

This is so creative and just fab all the way around!

Peggysuez said...

You are such a clever gal, love what you've done with this card. It brought joy to my heart just to see it! :) You always take new techniques and bump the bar a bit higher in execution. Wishing you a blessed week!

Shoregirl said...

Beautiful card -- my favorite from the Stampin' Sister's in Christ design team!

MariLynn said...

Kris, such a wonderful, amazing project. I never would have thought to alter that word card this way. I was way too intimidated to even try this kinda card. I love the sheet music on the heart and how you have the panels with the scripture tilted. You know I gotta love that little butterfly and those papers are so scrumptious!!!! Have a blessed day my friend!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - how creative are you! I love this 'JOY' that you have - the music sheet is perfect and the DP's are great! I am going back to check out your video now - fabulous! Thanks for all of your inspiration Kris, on many levels! {{{hugs}}}

Helen said...

This JOY card is gorgeous!

At Paula's Place said...

Hi Kris, Your JOY card is beautiful I was wondering where you found the big chunky letters for printing out. Do you have a link to where they are? If you do would you post a comment here and include it. I would love to try this but am having much trouble finding suitable letters. Thanks for your help. Paula

Kristine said...

Hi Paula, I made it up in Microsoft Word. I also made it into a pdf document and can email that to you if you'd like to give me your email address. Mine is krisb33 AT yahoo DOT com. :)

Mau xx said...

Hi kristine, I was looking for the lady who received the box of Scripture notes...thought it was you! But as I couldn't find it I had a peek around your blog...WOW! am I blessed, Love the card, its perfect especially for Easter, Thank you for sharing xx
A Huge Thank you for the wonderful Video, what an amazing young lady she is and the words are beautiful. Truly Blessed xxxxx Mau