Sunday, January 15, 2012

SSIC #122 – Something NEW and W.A.W.

Good morning!  Today I have 2 projects to share for the Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenge.  This first one is also for Word Art WednesdayThis first project is not a card… it’s actually 8x8” and I intend to put it into a shadow box frame and give as a wedding gift.   The Word Art this week is perfect for a wedding card or gift, anniversary or for scrapbooking those wedding photos!   It just so happens that a dear friend of our family is getting married March 3rd. 
Her wedding colors include Sage green and Eggplant purple.  
The sentiment is the FREE WORD ART given by WAW for their challenge.  And my image is called Meadows Sunset by McMahon Five Designs.  The lace is actually ivory, but looks white here due to all the distressing I did on the other pieces.  And my flowers are also from the fabulous super store, M5d!  *Ü* 
 
This project also fits the Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenge which is to use something new… it could be new crafting supplies, or for a new challenge etc.  Well I figured this is for a New marriage… a new beginning, and my flowers and key brad are new(ish). 
 
My 2nd card uses LOTS of things new.  This is a new digi released this week at McMahon Five Designs called Love Letter.  I combined it with an older digi called Floral Banner.  This paper pad is new in the store called Head Over Heals (by Lily Bee Designs) and the flower is Prima Flight of Fancy.
Hope you’ll join our challenges this week!  Word Art Wednesday ends Tuesday night and Stampin’ Sisters ends Saturday night.  Have a great week!
Bee creative...Ink Something!

20 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous projects Kris!! I just love your layering and the use of dp!! The second is soooo fashionable!! I love the layering and the lace, flower, key detail on the first. Perfect for a shadow box!!
Have a great week!!
hugs,
Chris

Athina said...

I love the colors in your first project! Beautifully done.

Lorie said...

Both cards are just incredible Kris! Allt he distressing on that first card...wow! This was a great stop in my blurfing today!

Becky said...

Kris, both of these are gorgeous girl.. Love the lace and flowers on the first one and love that design and colors on the second.
Hugs :)

Patti P. said...

What great projects....love the wedding gift and I am sure they will cherish this. Your card is fabulous. I love these new images from McMahon Five, they are a super store!!

Traci M said...

Kris, both of these are pure beauties...love the vintage feel and soft distressing!! Your images are gorgeous, too...!!!
Great projects and what a special keepsake your shadow box will be!

This Art That Heals said...

Kris, these are both stunning. I am in awe of them both. I love the photo of the couple and how the image fades into the words. Those flowers are gorgeous!
Thank you for your support in using my Word art and sharing it on my challenge blog.

Have a blessed day.

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEE Kris both of these are just FABULOUS girl!!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Kris:
Your work is beautiful, and we are SO grateful to have you play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will join us again this coming Wednesday for new Word Art and another chance to win. We love to see your work!
Blessings,
Karen L - Design Team Member
Word Art Wednesday

Grace said...

Hi Kris! Oh goodness both your projects are just beautiful! I am loving the vintage feel of the first one and what a beautiful keepsake that will be in their wedding colors... which are beautiful BTW!!!! Love the pretty image in the second and how you combined images! You are so clever and your coloring is fantastic! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend!
hugs,
Grace

Karen McPherson said...

Beautiful work. Thank you for guiding me to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ. I have been following for a few weeks and really enjoy the talented women who participate in the blog. I participated in the current challenge and invite you to see. If you get a chance visit me at A Card Retreat

KarenC Inspired said...

Beautiful cards Kris! Thanks for joining in @ Word Art Wednesday!
Your flowers, your picture is perfect for the verse.

Miesje said...

Kris, these are awesome! I love the colors on the first one and what a fantastic wedding gift! The distressing is so pretty! The second one is colored to perfection! Great cards dear friend!

MariLynn said...

Kris, I really love all the roses on your second card. The 3-d rose is so pretty with that dp. I love your wedding card using that scripture. I really like how you added the little key embellishment. Have a blessed day my friend.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your amazing eye for color and always using the perfect DSP on your cards!!! Beautiful!!!

Mynnette said...

Oh my word! These are both amazing!!! LOVE that Love Letter image--and your WAW card is FANTASTIC! Beautiful! :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful cards Kris, I am blown away with the wedding card, it will be treasured by whoever receives it. The second card is colourful and elegant, love it.

Peggysuez said...

Just beautiful both of them! Can't say enough about them and have always admired your talent for making bright, cheerful creations with lots of color.

Lovely Linda said...

These cards ares fabulous Kris - I love the bright bold colours - you always uise the perfect Dies and embellishments! Thank you for all of the inspiration you bring! {{{hugs}}}

Helen said...

Both of these cards are so beautiful! I love the color combos on both of them and the flowers are gorgeous!