Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year... New Releases at Doodle Pantry

Happy New Year my bloggy friends!!
Are you excited for 2012?  Full of opportunities and blessings… chance for personal and spiritual growth … (hopefully not sideways growth!  LOL) … maybe some new crafting supplies you’ll collect this year,  ha!!   My girls have created a New Year’s Eve tradition a couple years ago and followed thru once again last night.  Can you guess what it is?  Let me give you a hint… staying up til midnight and watching the ball drop was NOT part of their agenda, lol.  It’s a contest between the two of them to see who can balance the couch pillows on their heads the longest… and this is while doing other things!!  The longest to date was Carly at an hour and a half.  They thought this up on their own and for SOME odd reason are totally amused by it.  I gave them one rule… DON’T TAKE IT IN THE BATHROOM!!  Lol.  They also love to watch the “Cutest pet of the Year” contest on t.v. (I ♥ watching it too)

So do you have any new year’s resolutions??  Mine is to get our garage turned into a bedroom.  We bought the building permit last year (6 mo.s ago),  took out the moving door and put up a permanent wall, added 2 windows where there was none before, and built up the floor.  We’re ready to put insulation in floor and walls and build a hallway wall.  My hubby is doing all the work himself instead of hiring out…. hoping to save some money in doing so.  And actually he DID have a li’l help from the girls and I – garage door demolition ; P  We’re really hoping to get it done by summer.  (wish us luck!!)  I have a few others, but this is the biggy for 2012. 

Okay… on to the real reason for my post today…
NEW RELEASE at Doodle Pantry today and it’s a biggy!!  So many cute and fabby digis—oooh, there’s even a vintage one—some colored digis and lots of cute digi papers.  You can see them all on the Doodle Pantry Blog today. 

In addition… there’s 4 new January release digi sets available for 50% OFF (but only thru tomorrow Jan. 2) Just enter RINGITIN in the coupon field at the bottom of your shop cart, and then click SUBMIT to see the discount apply.

Quirky Mouse + Winter Accessories + Digi Papers = a SQUEALY cute card!
For this card I used the Quirky Mouse and put a hat, mittens and scarf on him from the Winter Accessories set, as well as all the papers used on my card.  My DD Carly bought me a Cuttlebug embossing set (Animal prints) for Christmas, so I used one of those for the orange strip and sponged it with Marigold classic ink.  The snowflakes are Spellbinders and OH… do you see the shiny clear (actually kinda orange-ish) circles on there?  Those are stick-ons that I think used to be clear and kinda yellowed over time?  ; P   oops!
My second card uses the new colored version of Love Birdies (a previously released outline set).  I used another animal print embossing folder for my teal layer (I think it’s peacock feathers?) and added sparkly gold stitching.  Until I get the store links into this post, you can see ALL the new Releases HERE.
A New Challenge also begins today at Doodle Pantry!!  I know, I know… we changed the date again for that.  It will now (and for the rest of the year) begin on the first of each month, along with our New Releases!!  Everyone who plays using a Doodle Pantry image will receive a FREEBIE set of the month!

 
Many Blessings to you and yours in 2012!!
Bee creative...Ink Something!

17 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous cards, Chris! Love them both, especially the cute mouse and his fun winter accessories. Happy 2012 to you and yours!

Lorie said...

They are both such cute cards Kris! That mouse is just too, too cute! Good skill with the resolution this year. I know you guys will do a great job! Happy New Year!

Patti J said...

Cuteness! Both cards are so creative! Love the story about your girls :) Happy New Year, my friend!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh sweetie you made my heart burst with joy with just 2 little words miss you!!!! Happy New Year Kristine! I miss you too.
Your cards are as always darling beyond words. I love the sweet little mouse he's so stinkin cute!!!
Hugs and blessings Bonnie

Karen Howard said...

Oh Kris, these are darling!!! I love the winter accessories you jazzed up the mouse with and those love birds are gorgeous!!! Hope you have a fabulous 2012 and a Happy New Year! Hugs, Karen

Glenda Atkins said...

OMG I totally adore your mouse card-it is sooo fabulous- wow. Did I say I adored it:)? Well I totally do.... I am also very fond of your birdie card. Smashing!!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, goodness girl! These are both just adorable! Love the hat, scarf, and mitten on that mouse. Too cute! Love the heart lace with the birdies! They are both just adorable. Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

Donna said...

Kris - Great job on using the accessories on the mouse. Your cards are totally cute!! Thanks for sharing the story about your girls - too cute!!

MaxineD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaxineD said...

Your cards are so cute Kris - love the mouse and his cheese!!
Blessings
Maxine

Amy Johnson said...

Such adorable and colorful cards! Happy New Year!

Patti P. said...

Kris, so glad your New Year's was fun...loving both of these cuties, but I am in love with the mouse and dressed for snow...just perfect!!
Love those embossing folders.
hugs....

Sharon Basel said...

These cards are outstanding Kris! So bright, fun and happy. I love the quirkly mouse with his scarf and mittens on - very clever. Also love that yellow embossing panel that looks like cheese! Happy New Year!
Sharon :)

Dawn Frost said...

Oh My Goodness I LOVE the hat on the mouse! You rock he is adorable!

Kathy W. said...

Love both of these cards KRis. Great job with the accessories too!! I'm so glad we are on the same DT too, love you!

AllisonG said...

Love your quirky mouse in his winter accessories, and your new embossing folders are PERFECT with all of your animal images!

Nasir said...

These colors makes an awesome design and the colors are very bright.

Scratch card printing
membership card