Friday, December 09, 2011

Word Art Wednesday and 2 Freebies!

Hello *Ü* 
 
Word Art WednesdaySo one of my DT alumni (from M5D) has started a new challenge blog called “Word Art Wednesday where she offers a Scripture or encouraging quote for you to use in your project (or you can use another verse or quote that’s meaningful for you).  Cassandra is a lovely crafter full of inspiration in the mixed media department, and she’s having a DT Call right now
So hop on over to check out the new blog, and apply if this is something that interests you, or swing by and enter this week’s challenge!!  (There is a wonderful FREE Word Art digi that she’s offering this week too!)
 
 
My card uses a newly released digi from McMahon Five Designs called “I Will Sing” … and the music note is a FREE svg right now!!  I used my Cricut and SCAL to cut the music note out of designer paper.  I also tried my hand at “collage” (which Cassandra is so good at!!  Me… not so much! LoL)  So I inked up some bubble wrap with white craft ink and splotched some in the top left corner and then inked up a musical background stamp for the bottom left.  Kinda goes with my digi.  And what better than to add a bird with a verse about singing?!!  So maybe my colors aren’t real coherent together with the bird etc.  It’s more “mod” colors than natural, but not TOO BAD is it (for my first try?)  *Ü* 
 
P.S. My daughter has a new SKETCH CHALLENGE today!!  This one will go for a whole month (til Jan. 5th)  so if you’re in need of a sketch, or just want a chance at a $20 GC to The Paper Shelter, come play!!  *Ü*
Bee creative...Ink Something!

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the sentiment and the SVG- fantastic card!!!

Kathy W. said...

Beautiful card Kris! Love the colors and the bird is awesome *Ü*