Sunday, December 11, 2011

SSIC - Celebrate Jesus' Birthday

Only 2 more weeks til Christmas… and how neat that it falls on a Sunday this year!  Today we have a new challenge up at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ  and our hostess this week is Marilyn who shares this verse, “Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men" (Luke 2:14)
The challenge this week, in honor of Christ’s birth, is to
create a BIRTHDAY card/project!!
I came across this awesome (and free) SVG file on Cheryl First’s blog and I set out to make these easy side-step cards for my Christmas cards this year.  THANKS again Cheryl *Ü*!!!  (I used my Cricut and SCAL to cut them out.)
 
My first set was actually done in colored cardstock, (below).  After making a dozen of those, with all the sponging of every layer (except the black) I decided to try a simpler version….  plain black and white… and was amazed at how much I liked that better!  So I made a dozen of those too. 

Here’s a couple pics of my sets.(yep, been busy!!) *Ü*

 
Hope you’ll hop on over to our challenge blog and read Marilynn’s awesome devotion for this week, and join in the challenge!! 
One player will win a super cute stamp set from Simon Says Stamp
for playing along… it could be YOU!!
Bee creative...Ink Something!

12 comments:

This Art That Heals said...

Wow, these are beautiful!! I love both styles.

Debra Miller said...

These cards are awesome - LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Miesje said...

WOW - these are awesome! Love both the black and white and the colored one. Great cards! It was good to see you in the lineup this week! Merry Christmas to you too dear friend!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

gorgeous

Jani said...

Love your cards. Cheryl is awesome!

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, this is the most amazing card. I have never seen anything like this! I just love both looks you have come up with. How fun to find something like this. Just beautiful!
hugs, Sarah

Angela said...

These cards are beautiful! Wonderful design and images. I love the colored version but the black and white is striking also! Whoever get's these handmade Christmas cards will be thrilled! hugs, Angela

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun and creative design!!! I love it!! The colored and the black and white are fantastic!!! I am so glad you were able to sneak one in the challenge this week!! Miss you!!
hugs,
Chris

MaxineD said...

WOW - you really are into the technolgy, to great effect. Love the black and white version of the card.
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

Oh my goodness! These are the most gorgeous cards I've ever seen! So amaingly beautiful!!!

Kelly L said...

Oh my, this is breath-takingly beautiful!! :) Love it! Merry Christmas, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Hello, where did you find the cut outs? I really like your cards.