Friday, December 02, 2011

Doodle Pantry French Horn and Mistletoe

Good evening *Ü*  Isn’t this a wonderful time of year?  Tomorrow is our town’s Christmas Lights Parade downtown, followed by the Sounds & Tastes of Christmas, which is a collaboration of 6 or 7 churches who’s pastors share in reading the Christmas story, and lots of special music from solos to choirs.  Then we all enjoy Christmas cookies, eggnog etc.  Well, this year my daughter Carly is playing in the community band and they’re going to have a float in the parade!!  How fun *Ü*  Then Sunday we’re off to Bend for the girls’ 4-H Robotic Lego League competition which is an all-day thing, so while they’re practicing, I’ll sneak out and do a li’l more Christmas shopping!  :o) 
 
Anywho… on to today’s card!  Feels like so long since I’ve used my sewing machine, let alone made an actual card!  So my sister Kathy and I challenged each other to make a card using a Doodle Pantry image.  I chose this one called French Horn, which was released last year, I believe.  I wish my camera captured it, but my thread is sparkly gold and so pretty IRL!! 
I also used Carly’s sketch for this:
carlysketch 45
THis challenge is open for 1 more week, and our sponsor is Sweet n’ Sassy Stamps, so I hope you’ll come over and give it a go!  And be sure to hop on over to Kathy’s blog to see what she made with Doodle Pantry! (Please be patient if hers is not posted yet… it’ll be sometime this evening) *Ü*
Bee creative...Ink Something!

16 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful card Kristine! The stitching is the perfect touch! Enjoy the parade and all the festivities! Our Parade of Lights is Saturday night as well, followed by a a gathering of friends for hot chocolate and goodies afterwards. :)
Take care,
Shanna :)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the gold stitching! I just came home from watching my granddaughter in a Christmas musical of "Angels Aware". What a wonderful time of the year...I wish every day was Christmas!
Hugs,
Georgia

Danni said...

Beautiful card!! have a fun weekend!!

Kathy W. said...

Oh my goodness Kris, this is gorgeous! Love the papers and the image is perfect for the holidays. Great job with the "Sister Challenge". Have a super weekend and good luck to the girls =)

Karen Howard said...

Wow, I love what you did with this sketch! Beautiful card and image, I really like all the circles! Hugs, Karen

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, wow, girl breathe! You have a very busy day tomarrow but sounds like a lot of fun! This card is just beautiful! I totally forgot about this beautiful stamp set. Your coloring is always so pretty! Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

Elizabeth Hart said...

This card is a knock out - it is fabulous in every way - and that sketch really is unusual and works fabulously to highlight the french horn.

Amy Johnson said...

So pretty! I love all the layers of circles!

Patti J said...

Beautiful - love it!!! Thanks for sharing!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi kris! wowee girl!! THIS is awesome!! It immediately caught my eye when I saw it So cool!

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome card - wow, love, love it!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Gorgeous card Kris! I love stopping by your blog and seeing what you've been up to (: Your Christmas note papers using Doodle Pantry images is a neat idea, love it! And... your blog look is sweet too (:

Julie said...

This card is gorgeous! Those papers are so pretty together
Hugs,
julie

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE your colouring! Gorgeous papers and ribbon.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful creation, Chris. Love how you colored the image and the wonderful details.

Seleise said...

LOVE this!