Sunday, November 06, 2011

SSIC ~ Use Your Oldest Stamp/s You Have

*If you are looking for the Doodle Pantry’s 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop, please CLICK HERE or scroll down one post!  Thanks *Ü*
 
Good morning!  This week’s Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge is to dig out your oldest stamps you have and use them.  The idea behind this is to make something old NEW again!

Our challenge hostess this week is Peggysue who shares this verse:   Genesis 3:6 “When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.”  And we all know what happened after that!  She got Adam to eat of the fruit as well and then when “caught” by God, they blamed each other, the serpent, and even God Himself.  If we, as Christians, are to come to the saving knowledge of Christ and BE saved, we need to acknowledge that we are sinners and not blame everyone else ~ you know that old adage:  “The devil made me do it.”  Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”   

I think the challenge fits this Scripture in that when we acknowledge we are sinners and repent, God forgives us and gives us NEW life!  Ephesians 4:22-24 says, “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

So in a sense, He is making something old, NEW again! I encourage you to hop over to the DT BLOG and read Peggysue’s thoughts on this verse.

I actually found my very first stamp set I ever bought after attending a Stampin’ Up! home party… it’s this Christmas set called “Peace.”  I wasn’t blogging back then so I don’t have a picture of my first cards made with it, but I guarantee they didn’t look like this!  ;P  I think I’ve come a long way since then…. and since discovering designer paper for card making!  *Ü* 

Hope you’ll come join in the challenge!  One player will win a $15 Gift Card to our sponsor’s store, "Clear Dollar Stamps” for playing along!! 
Bee creative...Ink Something!

10 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Kris!! This is stunning!! I just love your paper piecing, your colors, and the designer paper you used. So bold!! The hearts and the stitching really add to your design! Gorgeous!
hugs,
Chris
Have a blessed Sunday!!

Grace said...

Oh wow Kris... this is stunning! The paper choices make all the colors just pop and I love the stitching! Great thoughts today on the Scripture! Your girls night out sounds terrific! What a fun memory for your girls to treasure! Have a wonderful week!
hugs,
Grace

Patti P. said...

Kris, how beautiful, love your unique use of the dp! I too, remember my first stamps (also from SU) and my first bad attempts at using them. Will try and play along this week if I can. Fun challenge.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card Kris- I love the great colors you use- you have such a great eye for color! Yikes- I would have to think hard about my first stamp purchased......and darn- I have a gallery at SCS , so you can see my progress as a stamper....LOL Thanks for a morning inspirational piece!!!

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Kris..Love the design and what awesome stitching.

Miesje said...

Great card Kris! My card was made with one of my first SU stamp sets. Ummm, would not want to show that first card either! Love, that bird! Great, great card.

MaxineD said...

Kris this is an amazing card - bold and beautiful- love it !
Blessings
Maxine

Kathy W. said...

Oh I like this image! Great job with the card it looks so nice.

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Kris - this is stunning - I would be bringing that stamp out more often if I was you, you use it so beautifully! Thanks for sharing from the heart too Kris - fabulous! {{{hugs}}}

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, beautiful card Kris! Makes me think about looking through some of those old stamp sets (: Have a blessed day!