Wednesday, November 02, 2011

McMahon Five Designs Introduces Safmat

Hi there!  I have a fun and inexpensive gift idea using the new Safmat from McMahon Five Designs.  Safmat is a printable adhesive-backed film that can be run safely through all inkjet and some laser printers*.  I colored up a couple of digis from Studio 313 and then printed them onto the 8.5 x 11” sheet of Safmat.  Then I just peeled the backing off, and stuck it to this star tray I found at the Dollar Tree!
 
  Sue has an awesome video tutorial on how to use this stuff HERE.  Now, I did NOT do this on purpose… but as you can see from my picture below I guessed at which side was correct and was wrong!  LOL.  The one on the left was my first try and you can see it printed on the waxy backing—OOPSIE!  Sue has a great tip for finding the CORRECT side, so be sure to watch her video *Ü*  There’s also some other great projects using this on the M5D Blog!

Bee creative...Ink Something!

4 comments:

auntbeespickles said...

What a fun idea! Love this!! Now I just need a better color printer - when is Santa coming? lol This is so fun!
Hugs, Sarah

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a fun project- and would be a great gift!

MaxineD said...

looks fabulous Kris - so looking forward to having some time to play with this.
Blessings
Maxine

Glenda Atkins said...

oooh so nice, what a great idea and yes, it would make a wonderful gift!