Sunday, October 30, 2011

SSIC - Fall Colours

Good Sunday morning!  We have a new challenge going at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenges where every challenge is inspired by Scripture.  The challenge this week is to use Fall colors such as crimson/gold/orange and the like.  I think this fits the bill?!

Our hostess this week is my friend and co-founder of SSIC, Lisa Hjulberg.  The Scripture she chose is: Isaiah 1:18 "'Come now, and let us reason together,’ says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.’”  I encourage you to pop on over to the DT BLOG to read her devotional about colors – you see God’s beauty in nature in a different light!
 
Our sponsor this week is Lily of the Valley who’s offering a £10  gift voucher to their online store! 

For my card, I used a stamp called Melissa from the D’Amour Allure line at McMahon Five Designs.  I wanted a note to send someone that let her know I was thinking of her… this cute li’l girl does just that.  The paper is by Basic Grey – I think it’s called Ambrosia?  And again I used the new sketch at Sketches by Carly, except I didn’t have room up top for the sentiment so I put it down lower.

Bee creative...Ink Something!

13 comments:

MARY B said...

Beautiful card, Mary x

Lorie said...

That is very sweet Kris and another fabulous card with Carly's sketch!

Miesje said...

Very, very cute! I love the bright and cheery cards that you make - they make me smile! Love the sketch too!

Kathy W. said...

Love the color combo sis! That image is so adorable and I have to say the sketch is AWESOME!! hehe...that butterfly is so cool, gotta get me one *Ü*

Lana said...

Hi Kriss, I just found your blog and absolutely love your work so I'm now a follower.
Hugs
Lana x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet image and a beautiful design!! I just love the highlights in her hair. Stunning coloring my friend!! Too cute!
hugs,
Chris

Sara I. said...

This is gorgeous! Love the butterfly and papers! Beautifully colored as always! xx

Traci M said...

What a sweet and adorable card, Kris! Love her hair too...it is so shiny and full of super highlights!! :) Hope you have a wonderful, blessed week!!

MaxineD said...

Love your use of colour here Kris :-) and the image is just beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

Very pretty! I love that butterfly paper. This little one looks like she's very deep in thought...too cute!

Grace said...

Oh how adorable Kris~ LOVE the paper and your colors! You really color beautifully! Carly's sketch is great! Hope I can find a few hours along this week to work! LOL!

Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

glassgraffitix2 said...

Yes, this truly fits bill! Beautiful card.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - a late visit from me due to computer issues, but I am glad to be here! I love this card - that image is so adorable and your colouring divine! The papers are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for sharing Kris - you always inspire! {{{hugs}}}