Sunday, October 16, 2011

SSIC - 2 of Everything... and a Freebie

Happy Sunday everyone!  Boy has it ever been a busy week at the Breach household!  The weekends are always a welcome change.  Today begins a new challenge at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ where every challenge is inspired by Scripture!  This week’s hostess is our sweet  friend Miesje who shares this verse…

 Matthew 11: 28 – 30  “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” AMEN!  I know this verse has touched all our lives at the SSiC DT.  We are so blessed to have each other to share our burdens and to pray for each other.  We know that in taking each other’s request to our Father and leaving them in His loving care allows our hearts to “find rest”.   It also is just very comforting to know we have so many “sisters” who care for us and about our problems as well as delight in our accomplishments too!!  

So the challenge this week is to use 2 of everything you use!!   

I have used 2 designer papers, 2 colors cardstock, 2 stamps (1 rubber stamp and 1 digi stamp) 2 snowflakes (green one underneath the blue), 2 stick-on brads (twice) and 2 sets of stitching. 
 
AND… what perfect timing this challenge is because this digi stamp I used is a Sneak Peek of what’s to come at Whimsy & Stars Studio this Tuesday, the 18th!!  Not only are we releasing lots of new Christmas digis, but we’re having a sale… BUY 2, Get 1 Digi of your choice FREE!!
 
Here’s a close up of the Fluff on her trim.  I didn’t realize when applying it that I had to get it very even.  I figured when I heat set it that it would puff up to fill in the un-evenness, but guess not.  OH WELL… gives it character right??  :) 
Hope you’ll pop on over to the SSIC BLOG to read Miesje’s wonderful devotional, see the fabulous DT cards and enter to win!!  One player will receive a $10 coupon to Designed 2 Delight store!!  *Ü*
Bee creative...Ink Something!
SUPPLIES USED TO MAKE THIS:

17 comments:

Grace said...

Kris as always you have created just the most adorable card! Love this image and it's colored to perfection. Thanks for your thoughts this morning! Thanking God for all of you, my stampin sisters in Christ!
Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

Miesje said...

Oh my this is just too cute! Love how you combined a digital with a rubber stamp, this is wonderful. The colors are so bright and cheery - perfect card!

Sue from Oregon said...

OH MY! This is as cute as can be!!!

Merlyn said...

Superb card :) I love the stamps and colouring

Lori said...

A sweet, sweet digi image. Love how you colored the cheeks, especially on the reindeer. I should say, Rudolf the Red Nose. Have a great week!!!

cindy said...

Wonderful card.

MaxineD said...

This is cute as, Kris, and I love the characterful fur ;-).
Blessings
Maxine

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card Kris, the colours just pop out at you and draw you in. The colouring of the image is super, wow ( the fluff looks just fine btw), very impressive card!

MariLynn said...

Kris, this is adorable. I especially love the fluff. What I like about the fluff is it's uneveness. Have you ever seen a little girl who had the fur on their coats look perfect after an hour or two? This just makes it look more real. I love the double snowflakes!!!!

Seleise said...

this is sooo super cute!!

MariLynn said...

There are days that I get so frustrated with blogger. I tried several times to leave you a comment yesterday. Hopefully it will work today. Your card is just adorable. I love all the 2's on it!!! Have a blessed week, HUGS!!!!!

Becky said...

Chris, this is just adorable... Wonderful coloring and love how you did that corner design.

Helen said...

Way cute! Again, these papers are awesome! Carly's really rockin' these layouts! They are awesome!

Cheryl said...

What a great design! I love the corner. Your coloring is gorgeous!

Traci M said...

Kris, this is sooo adorable..the cutest images colored up to pop off the page!! I love your thoughts, and am in agreement with you...so blessed to be part of this wonderful group of ladies!! Wishing you a blessed week!

Peggysuez said...

Kris this is adorable and the colors and paper choices just pop! Great job and always a treat to come see your lovely creations.

Vicki said...

Oh Kris this is just an adorable card! Love your coloring and all the pretty paper! What a fun card!

HUGS!
Vicki