Monday, October 24, 2011

Pastor Appreciation Card – SSIC & ODBD

Hi, are you having a great Monday so far??  I am.  I am on vacation today and tomorrow—at home, but it’s nice to be home doing whatever I’d like and have the rest of the fam busy about their days at school and work *Ü*  This past weekend I took my girls to our annual “Girls Night Out” where we stay at a fancy hotel out of town with a pool, and we dine out at a fancy restaurant that we only go to once a year, see a movie (we saw the Mighty Macs this time) … and let’s see, oh what they would say is the best part… (but the employees worst nightmare I’m sure) we go to a shoe store and try on the funkiest high heels and wedges and strut down the shoe aisles like we’re in a fashion show.  Yep, we had a blast!  *Ü*

Anywhoo… I am a bit late in posting my card for this week’s Stampin’ Sisters in Christ challenge, which is *TIME*… to use something that resembles time/seasons etc.  This may not look like it fits, but I did use the word “TIME” in my sentiment.  It’s that time of year when we show appreciation to our clergy/pastors.  So this will go to our pastor this Sunday, along with some delicious home-made “canned” pears (my MIL gave us a dozen jars that she canned this year--Yumm!)  You can read my sentiment closer up in my 2nd photo. 

I’m also entering this into this week’s Geometric challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs, which is to use 3 shapes;  I used a square, a rectangle, and an oval. 

The wood you see here is real wood paper from McMahon Five Designs!

Here is  the inside of easel card.  I will write on the vanilla c.s.

If this sentiment looks familiar, it’s because I used it for another P.A. card I made in 2008.  Funny how I totally forgot about that card until just last week when one of my blog readers left me a comment saying she found my card from 2008 and loved the sentiment and copied it for a card for HER pastor this year.   It’s all good… we are actually attending a different church so we have a different pastor.  And even if I did give a different card with the same sentiment to the same man 3 yrs. later, chances are he won’t even remember.  Funny story, my mom gave my dad the same Father’s Day card to him for about 3 yrs. in a row to see if he would notice.  Of course… he didn’t!!  LOL.  

Now it’s “TIME” to pop on over to SSIC blog to read Marilynn’s devotional and enter our challenge!!  One player will win 3 digis of your choice from Digital Delights by Louby Lou store!! 
Bee creative...Ink Something!

SUPPLIES USED TO MAKE THIS:

16 comments:

Patti J said...

Sounds like you and your girls had a fabulous time! You are a good mom! what a beautiful card - your Pastor is going to be delighted to receive it. Thanks for sharing!!!

Diane said...

That must of been so much fun and it's wonderful that you make it a yearly event,they will treasure those moments forever!
Your easel card is beautiful as always Kristine,I'm sure your Pastor will adore it!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Beautiful card Kris!! Great design elements. I love that wood paper. ~jeni :)

Lori said...

Your card is beautiful Kris!!! Sounds like you had a great time with your girls, thanks for the idea. ~hugs~

MaxineD said...

Great card Kris - love the dimension you have achieved with all the layers.
Blessings
Maxine

Kathy W. said...

I'm so glad you girls had a great time..Your card is amazing Kris and I believe that about DaD! LOL

sandee said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love the colors and design you used, I had the giggles over the "shoe fashion show" but laughed out loud over your mom giving your dad the same card for 3 years, that's a hoot!

auntbeespickles said...

Wow, now that sounds like an outing I would love!! Glad you girls had fun! Your card is really beautiful! Totally love the inside sentiment! Just gorgeous!
Hugs, Sarah

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your weekend with the girls sounds so fun. My girls would love that also!! Glad you had a relaxing day at home. What a gorgeous card that I am sure your pastor will love!! Such a fantastic sentiment and your coloring and use of shapes is perfect!!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!!
hugs,
Chris

Thanks for your prayers dear friend!! My prayers are with you also.

Crystal said...

WOW this is an absolute BEAUTY Kristine!!!!! Great colors and such awesome coloring!

Sara I. said...

This is absolutely incredible Kris! You've colored him flawlessly and love the gorgeous papers and design. The scripture is done beautifully. xx

MariLynn said...

Kris,what a wonderful card. I love the sentiment!!! I made my pastor appreciation cards over a week ago and keep forgetting to take them to church. We have baskets to put the cards in outside the sancutary. Last Wed night after forgetting it again, I told my son Joshua to remind me so I wouldn't forget again. Sunday, I forgot, and guess when he reminded me. We walk in the door and he sees the baskets and looks right at me and says "Mom don't forget your cards!" Such a commedian. Hope you are having a wonderful blessed week!!

Grace said...

Kris this is so fabulous! WOW!!! Love the easel design and your coloring is really beautiful! I love the sentiment! Your Pastor will be so appreciative for this!!! Awesome my friend!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, this is so fantastic! Your pastor will be absolutely speechless! What a gorgeous, gorgeous card! God Bless, Angie

irishgreensue said...

Beautiful card, and recognized by ODBD this week as an award winner in the Shining the Light Challenge! Love how you incorporated the WOOD - wow -very impressive!!

Becky said...

Kris this is a Beautiful card, love the design.