Sunday, October 09, 2011

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands

Good Morning!!  It’s Sunday and that means a new challenge at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenges today!!  Our challenge is really easy…
ANYTHING GOES!  
Linda is the host and she shares a wonderful Scripture and devotional on the SSIC blog, so I encourage you to head on over and read that and play along in our challenge!  One player will win an exclusive clear stamp set from our sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, and 3 will be chosen as our SHining STars for the week!! 
 
I colored up a new release set from Doodle Pantry called Vintage Globe My husband has a vintage globe and I thought it was interesting that the water was black on instead of “vintage brown” or the typical blue water.  So I colored this to represent his old globe.  Most of this is colored digitally in PS, except all the parts that appear tan.  Those I left white and then colored with my clear sparkly gellyroll pen which gives it a shiny gold appearance.  My camera didn’t capture that.  :( 
 
I asked Laurie (owner of DP) if she could create this sentiment for me for today’s card and she did *Ü*  PLUS… it’s available to all of YOU  for FREE!  No purchase required, just go HERE and download it!   I just wish now that I would have printed the sentiment larger.  *Ü*
 
Matthew 19:26, “And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Bee creative...Ink Something!
SUPPLIES USED TO MAKE THIS:

26 comments:

Miesje said...

What a fun image and great verse - how nice of Lori to do that for you and for everyone else! Great coloring! Have a wonderful week Kris!

Patti P. said...

Kris, you blow me away...this is stunning and thanks for the new sentiment (to you and Laurie). I have never seen one with black except those made with gemstones. This is beautiful!
Patti

Becky said...

What a gorgeous image of the earth...Beautifully colored and love the sentiment, so perfect. I must down load this :).
Hugs

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Kris! I just love your colors and design. That image and theme goes perfectly with this week's verse. What a comfort!!
Beautiful coloring!!

Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Heide said...

Love how you have colored the globe, great work.

Lorie said...

That is stunning Kris! I love the black/colors...very nice, out of the color box idea! I have a thought for this image too...now to see if I can make it work out! :)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Kris,
Your globe is wonderfully done and the sentiment is perfect! I love it and will go and get it from the store! Love your choice of colors for the globe and your papers.
The paper piercing is great!
Hugs,
Georgia

Lagene said...

I love your vintage globe! Speaks to the fact that God created it! Love the bright colors that really pop against the black!

Lori said...

Kris this came out beautifully! I like the black globes and the land is so pretty in these colors. Thanks for the info on the sentiment, it's fabulous.

Melody said...

Kris, I love this!! It looks amazing!! I am so buying that image!! Thanks bunches for sharing!!

MariLynn said...

Kris, I love your vintage globe. I love the story behind your coloring. I never have seen it with the "Black" water. So cool!! Blessings and hugs!!!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, oh wow!! I totally love how you colored the water black. That really makes the land masses pop! God truely is amazing!! =)
Hugs, Sarah

Elizabeth Hart said...

I am totally in awe of that globe - I never thought about the black. The colors are not typical but they WORK! I really love it and the sentiment you added.

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card! I love that sentiment with this image!

Traci M said...

Kris, I spent quite awhile admiring this card and didn't dawn on me until reading your description that the water was black!! That is beautiful, and such a reassuring sentiment, too!! Love your take on this week's challenge!! Have a blessed week!

MaxineD said...

This is a stunner Kris, love it :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Lorianna said...

Oh WOW Kris
This is FAB!!!
Love the contrasting colors
Hugs

Donna said...

Kris, Your card is gorgeous and I especially love the sentiment. I love the paper piercing you did - I'm going to have to try that!!

Great job!!

Patti J said...

Fabulous coloring, Kris! I am in awe that you even thought to do this world in those colors! You are amazing, my friend!!! This is now one of my favoritest (lol) images! Thanks for sharing...have a great week!

Dawn Frost said...

Wow Kris I never would have thought to colour the water black and it is totally stunning! Its so striking and very elegant.

Karen Howard said...

The globe is really stunning! I love it colored black, makes the colors stand out! Hugs, Karen

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love your coloring.

Grace said...

Hi Kris! Oh gf, what a GREAT card! Love your vintage globe with the black! It's stunning and really pops! Love the sentiment you came up with for it and it is a perfect fit with this week's verse! Thanks for sharing it!!! Hope your week is going wonderfully!!!
hugs,
Grace

Helen said...

I love the colorful land on the earth! Very sweet card.

Glenda Atkins said...

Stunning work, love how you coloured the globe!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowzers! This is spectacular. Amazing coloring of the globe, Kris. This is a gorgeous card.