Wednesday, September 07, 2011

There's Sumpthin' About QUIRKY Animals...

Hiya stampy friends and welcome to another Quirky Wednesday!!  Today my youngest starts 6th grade—her first year in Middle School!  I think we’re ready though as we visited yesterday and got her schedule and visited all her classrooms—ran into a li’l bump in the road but thanks to some awesome teachers got it straightened out *Ü*  I’m sure it’ll be a great year!

Anywhoo… Doodle Pantry just released some more QUIRKY animals this week including this Quirky Ostrich.   I just love all the quirky animals—too cute and they come with several fun sentiments as well!  I decided to make a side-step card.  Hope you like?! 

Would you like to WIN a FREE digi set??  Come play along in our monthly challenge and you will win a complimentary digi set, complete with outlines, fully colored, sentiments AND digi papers!!  How cool is that?  Everyone who enters wins the newly release Popsicle Ants set, and all you have to do is use ANY digi from Doodle Pantry *Ü*  There are lots of freebies HERE.

Bee creative...Ink Something!

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  Quirky Ostrich (Doodle Pantry)
Paper:  Key Ingredients (Taylored Expressions)
Dies:  Scallop long rectangles (Spellbinders)
Coloring:  Copic markers
Size:  5.5” x 4.25” when folded

19 comments:

Lorie said...

This is so cute Kris! I'm glad things are all set for Maddy today...tell her to have a wonderful day from me! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This could not be cuter! Love it, Kris. Your design is wonderful.

Lori said...

Love her!!!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Kris, how bright, cheery, and just so happy! Great job! This card really made me smile and will someone else too!
Hugs, Sarah

Danni said...

Love this! So happy and bright! Just makes you smile!

Patti J said...

Awww, how sweet!!! I am sorta 'blue' this evening, and you cheered me right up! Beautiful card, my friend! Thanks for sharing...

Dawn Frost said...

Kris I LOVE the ostrich, she is adorable! I've got to try one of those step cards.

Kathy W. said...

Oh Kris, this is so cute! Love the colors and the side step is perfect.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love all the Quirky animals too, your ostrich is so cute!

MaxineD said...

Great card Kris - thanks for the smile :-)
blessings
Maxine

Kendra said...

This is so cute! Love the bright colors!

Lola said...

LOL! OMG, SO cute!!!

Karen Howard said...

I'm loving quirky and your ostrich is really adorable! Love the pretty colors, so cute!

Amy Johnson said...

I love all the color in your card! So pretty!

Glenda Atkins said...

Delightful card and your ostrich rocks. Love the dimension you gave him (or her), especially the wing:) It is a really wonderful step card!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I so love what you did with this quirky ostrich. "She" just stands out with the bright colors and side step design. All the stitching is a great detail too.

Patti P. said...

How wonderful! I love the bright colors and your step card is so much fun. Love the way you have stepped the sentiment and the bow and button down. Very creative! Hope your week has went well.
Patti

Vicki said...

Kris love this design...and your papers are fab! Those little quirky animals ARE sumpin else!

HUGS!
Vicki

Sarah said...

Oh my word this card is adorable!! I love the colours and the style, I've never made a card like this before!