Sunday, September 04, 2011

SSIC - Use Quiet Colors

Good morning and happy Labor Day weekend!  *Ü*  Yesterday my girls went to a super fun place up on the mountain with their aunt and uncle.  They had Alpine Sledding (bobsledding), bungee jumping and zip-lining, while my husband and I stayed home cleaning the garage and taking more boxes to the storage shed.  We are remodeling the garage into a big bedroom for the girls.  It's getting there!  *Ü* 
 
So today's card is for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge, which is hosted by Peggysue who shares this verse:  1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 "Make it your aim to live a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to earn your own living, just as we told you before.12 In this way you will win the respect of those who are not believers, and you will not have to depend on anyone for what you need."

The challenge is to use Quiet Colors ~ nothing bright, use calm beiges, tans, earthy colors.

As some of you may know, I'm a church secretary and my boss (the pastor) is ministering in Zimbabwe for 2 months, so we have men from the congregation taking turns preaching each Sunday.  I wanted to send a T.Y. to each one during the week following their turn.  Diane Noble posted this card the other day which used a verse that I thought was perfect for what I was needing, so I printed the same verse and whipped up these four cards ~ Thank You Diane for your inspiration *Ü*
Here’s a closer look:
I hope you’ll pop on over to the challenge blog and give it a try!! 
One player will win a $15 Gift card to Clear Dollar Stamps Store!!
 Bee creative...Ink Something!

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  none
Paper:  Prima
Dies: Spellbinders
Sketch:  my own
Size:  5.5" x 4.25"

7 comments:

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Perfect Thank You's.

Crystal said...

WOW these are beautiful Kristine!!

Lorie said...

The cards are amazing Kris and it is very nice of you to send them! You are a blessing to that church!

Chrisd said...

What a wonderful card to give the special people serving your congregation.

Michelle said...

BEAUTIFUL Kris!

MaxineD said...

Great cards Kris - they look quite masculine and the scripture is so appropriate.
Blessings
Maxine

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - I am slow to get here but am happy to see your gorgeous cards - I am sure they will be well received - what a great font and LOVE the colours! Thsnks for sharing Kris - your cards are always gorgeous! {{{hugs}}}