Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cowboy ~ Cowgirl ♥ Love Birdies

*This is my 2nd post for today.  If you’re looking for my SSCC post, please scroll down one.  Thanks  *Ü*
♫ ♪ Two Little Love Birds… ♪ ♫   This is a card I made for a [cowgirl] friend of mine.   We have kind of a unique relationship.  Once upon a time… when I was a teenager, I babysat her (and her brothers)  from the time they were born pretty much… we attended the same church for years … and then when she was a teenager, she became MY daughters’ babysitter.  Now she’s graduated college, met a fella and ther gittin’ hitched!  LOL.  She grew up on a ranch and loves a good rodeo.  In fact, she sings at various rodeo shows from time to time, like at the Lewiston Round Up last night (hope it went well Katy!!). 

Anywhoo… the western-themed wedding’s not til March, but I thought I’d send her a li’l “CONGRATS on your engagement” card using this new digi from Doodle Pantry called Cowboy Birdie.  I just flipped the image to make a 2nd and colored accordingly.  Not sure if you can see it in the close up or not, but I embossed the black heart with the Paisley embossing folder to match the paper that resembles a handkerchief, and the font I used for their names is a ROPE font  *Ü*
Congrats Brice & Katy!!  Your engagement photos are gorgeous... and they are "Soo YOU!"  Your wedding will be beautiful and we wish you life-long happiness together.  Although you'll HAVE to move back here when you start having kids so my girls can babysit your kids.  *Ü*


Bee creative...Ink Something!

CARD RECIPE:

16 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh.My.Word! This is pretty incredible! I just love all the thought to detail. Nice job!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

This is so great! What a perfect card for the lucky couple! I love how you have used the butcher twine to make the lariats too! Super cute creation!
Hugs,
Georgia

Patti J said...

Kris, this is so wonderful! What a fun card to send Brice and Katy, and I love your story. What are the odds that someone that you used to baby sit would still be in your life in such a big way? Congrats to the happy couple, and kudos to you for an amazing card!!! LOVE this!

Kristen said...

Kris, This is so cute. ove your paper here! Great card!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the baker's twine and how you layed it out! This is really fabulous, LOVE it!!!

Glenda Atkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda Atkins said...

Wow,this is wonderful, just love how you designed it, everything is so well done; the embossed heart with the stitching, the flipped image, the twine rope, the paper, just everything - love it!!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Kris, what an adorable card and what a fun story! She will just love this card! Great creativity!
Hugs, Sarah

Vicki said...

Kris! OMG this is so darn cute...love how you flipped the image and made a couple! That twine makes the perfect rope and I just love your back ground paper! Very creative!

HUGS!
Vicki

Elizabeth Hart said...

I am crazy over your card. The images are so, so adorable and the background paper and the shape of the card - ALL of it -- I Love it!

Amy Johnson said...

Awww, such a sweet and romantic card.

Patti P. said...

This has to go in my favorites....love the whole kit and kaboodle. She will love this for sure! I also love the bakers twine twirled all around. Such great elements in this card. tfs

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness Kris what a fantastic idea! You are so creative what an adorable engagement card.

Helen said...

I LOVE IT! It's too cute! That bird cracks me up and I love the way you've used it to make the couple. She's going to love it!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What an adorable card, I love it and she's going to love it too! :)

K 'n K Designs said...

LOL! Ok, these two are REALLY CUTE!! :) I just saw this on Splitcoast, and had to come over for another look!! I love the twine and the fun card shape and colors. GREAT card!! :)