Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vintage Oldie But Goodie


Hi again!  *Ü*  Gawsh, I felt so guilty today realizing how long it's been since I posted a card of mine -- what, a whole week? LOL... so I whipped up this card.  Actually, I had this image colored up days ago but just didn't have the mojo going to make it into a the "right" card until today.  I tried a technique--new to me--which is coloring with Prisma color pencils onto Kraft cardstock.  Love the results but boy did it take me a loong time to color!  Much longer than with Copics.  Anywhoo... this is a new digi set by Doodle Pantry called Vintage Auto and comes with lots of fun sentiments and you can choose outlines or fully colored *Ü*  Love that about DP sets! 

Want a chance to WIN some free digis from Doodle Pantry??  They are sponsoring Paper Playtime Challenge this week!!  So hop on over to play along and you just might win!!  *Ü*

Bee creative...Ink Something! 

13 comments:

Lorie said...

Wow, Kris...that coloring is incredible! I haven't done anything other than colored digi's or Copics in so long!

MaxineD said...

Kris this is amazing - well worth the effort :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fabulous look! Love the technique and your wonderful design.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Ohhh this is fabulous, I love your card on kraft cardstock!

Patti J said...

Ha ha....I was hoping you were on vacation! Love your card, Kris! This is turning out to be a very popular image!!! Every time I see it I like it more and more! Hugs...

Lori said...

Great job with the coloring! A new look for you. *grin* I like that you've printed that sentiment onto the ticket. I like the overall effect.

Kathy W. said...

Awesome card Kris...love the vintage car. Love that nestie too. hehe =)

Glenda Atkins said...

Love your vintage car, the colouring is awesome! Great work as always.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, love this printed on the kraft paper. That really adds to the vintage look.
Hugs, Sarah

Glenda said...

Very pretty! Love the vintage car! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Karen Howard said...

Kris, beautiful coloring and love the image colored on kraft!

papertrails leaver said...

I am liking your vintage car card with the ticket. I really like how you did the shadowing! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime and good luck! :-) Amy

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Great card and coloring too!! I love the vintage look!

Thanks for playing along at Paper Playtime.
Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com
Paper Playtime Design Team Member