Sunday, August 14, 2011

SSIC - Sing With Grace in Your Heart

Good morning!  We have a new challenge up at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenges
I still have quite a few more Christmas cards to make, so that’s what I set out to do.  Before I get into the details, let me tell you about the challenge!  Our hostess is our lovely Guest Designer, Teresa Kline!  She chose this verse to share:  “Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”  And her challenge for us is to use MUSIC in some form on your card.  Please pop over to the SSIC blog to read Teresa’s devotional for this week and enter to win a nice stamp set by Simon Says Stamp! 

I grabbed this beautiful set by Layers of Color called Reindeer Waltz to begin with and this sheet paper dp and floral paper is from the Madeline Prima pad by McMahon Five Designs.  It was all coming together lovely and then had a space to fill.  Perfect spot for this blue music symbol (the name escapes me at the minute) it is from the Joyful Noise set, also by Layers of Color.  And lastly… I printed a Christmas sentiment from the Blessed Christmas digi set by Doodle Pantry and layered onto a Fancy Tag Spellbinders by M5D.  Hope you like! 

Pop on over to the challenge blog to see what my design sisters created to inspire you!!
Bee creative...Ink Something!

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  Reindeer Waltz, Joyful Noise (Layers of Color); Blessed Christmas sentiment (Doodle Pantry)
Paper:  Madeline by Prima (McMahon Five Designs); Neenah White 80 lb. (M5D)
Dies: Classic & Scallop Rectangles, Fancy Tags (Spellbinders); Grass border (My Favorite THings)
Sketch:  my own
Size:  6" square

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I am thinking about Christmas too....luv the fun colors and the reindeer is the sweetest....hope your day is blessed!

enjoy *~*

Becky said...

This is lovely Kris, I love how you created this scene in a frame, so creative.

Lorie said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Kris!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this great card- the image is great and I love that pretty Prima paper- and a great idea to get a start on your Christmas cards!

MariLynn said...

Kris this is goregoeus. I love all these colors together. This is super pretty!!! Hope you have a blessed day today!!

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Kris - this in wonderful!! I love the LOC Butterfly and Musical Cleft (!?) Gorgeous DP and such wonderful details - it makes me feel like singing!! Inspiring in many ways Kris - thsnks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

MaxineD said...

Kris this is gorgeous - love the way the reindeer seems to be singing :-) - or maybe that is just my imagination!! Beautiful card.
Blessings
Maxine

Traci M said...

Kris, this is a feaast for the eyes!! Such a beautiful combination of colors and love the layout!! Have a blessed week!