Monday, August 15, 2011

School Time Sheep, Contests, and Freebies!

Happy Monday friends!!  It’s almost that time of year again!!  My girls will be starting 6th and 7th grades very soon!  It’ll be nice to have them both going to the same school this year so I don’t have to drive opposite ends of town to drop off and pick up, however… they’re both in Middle School!  *big sigh*  Hold on tight… it’s gonna be a wild year!  :)

Doodle Pantry came out with an awesome School Time Sheep digi set as well as some School Time digi Papers, and right now if you use ANY Doodle Pantry image and enter our challenge going on right now, you will receive these two digi sets FREE!!  Hurry though, it ends at 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 18th!!  If you miss it, OR if you are a school-time buff and would like to see MORE school themed images, ALL the sets in the SCHOOL CATEGORY are 40% OFF through Aug. 28th!!  Perfect for many occasions throughout the year. 

Jovan is having a Back-to-School Blog Hop  and you can enter your card to win prizes!  I used my Cricut for this apple card!  My girls bought me the Create-a-Critter cartridge for Christmas last year and it has so many options with it… I LOVE it!!  I did cut off the top leaves that came with the apple and used a Marianne Designs die and ran through the Cuttlebug.  I think these are more realistic and detailed.


CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  School Sheep (Doodle Pantry)
Paper:  School Time Papers (digi papers by Doodle Pantry)
Dies: leaves by Marianne Designs (not sure name of set - came with a flower die)
Cricut Cartridge:   Create-a-Critter (apple)
Size:  5.25" from top of stem to bottom of apple
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONTESTS, PRIZES & FREEBIES!

Today starts the Kids Contest at La-La Land Crafts 4 Kids!!  The 4 girls each made a project to inspire, so if you have kids who love to craft, please pop over and check it out!  The contest will run for 2 weeks and there’ll be a rubber stamp prize at the end!!

If you are a member of Whimsy & Stars Studio on Facebook, you can get a super cute FREEBIE today thru Wednesday!!  If you aren’t a member yet, just go HERE and click to “Request to Join this Group” and you will be approved and can grab the free digi! *ÜBee creative...Ink Something!

17 comments:

Heide said...

How super adorable, I love your leaves on the apple. Fantastic.

Jovan said...

This is so ADORABLE!

Lori said...

This is the cutest card ever!!! I am glad middle school is behind us...I did stop over at the new LaLa blog for kids briefly, looks cute.

Jovan said...

Thanks so much for playing! I love this card!

Patti J said...

Wonderful card, Kris! This set is so much fun, and using a shaped card was pure genius!!! Hugs!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Kris, this is just adorable! I totally love that paper behind the image. So cute!!
Hugs, Sarah

Glenda Atkins said...

What a terrific card, love it, the leaves are great as is your high-lighting. I like it all:)

Sharon Basel said...

Oh Kris this is just spectacular! Love the apple shape and those fabulous leaves. So clever!

MaxineD said...

cute card :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Lorie said...

As always you have totally knocked it out of the park with this card! I LOVE it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is fantabulous. I love the apple shape... so perfect with this set! Great card, Kris!

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is awesome! Love the apple shape and everything, you ROCKED it!

Robbie said...

Oh my Back to School Sales...This is just so cute, using the ABC 'Digi Paper' for the center of the Apple is Great!

Lisa said...

The apple-shaped cards for Back to School are so darn cute! I love those leaves, too! Such a cute way to celebrate "the most wonderful time of the year" :D

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your apple shaped card is adorable Kris, I love it!

Kathy W. said...

Adorable apple card Kris...love it! And those leaves are the cutest.

Seleise said...

hee hee! how cute is this!!!