Sunday, August 21, 2011

No Fear - Napkin Fold Anniversary Card

Hello, I'm back with a fun new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!
 
Our challenges hostess this week is Marilynn who shares this verse:
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
 
So the challenge is to try something that you might have been afraid to try before now (ie. a new technique, a new color combo, a new style --CAS if you are a layered stamper, or reversed)
 
After you're done here, please hop over to the challenge blog and read Marilynn's devotional for this week and enter the challenge!  One player will win $15 to spend at our sponsor's store, Paper Fashions, Etc.
 
Now that we got all that out of the way *wink* I've gotta say that creatively, I am pretty fearless.  I actually love a challenge... and can't wait to try something new, so fear for me doesn't belong in the same sentence as crafting.  The only thing that holds me back at time is not having specific supplies.  But given this week's challenge I decided to make something I'd seen on Sue McMahon's Blog and that's a Napkin Fold Card which is perfect for my mom & dad's 44th Anniversary this weekend!
 
Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad, ♥ U!

I didn't make a tutorial because that's already been done on SCS (see my link above) but I do have several pics to share... 
 
 
awww, aren't they adorable??  That's the BEST picture of my dad smiling that I've ever seen.  Normally he doesn't like to smile much in pics.  But they look very happy and I wish them many more years together!

Thanks for stopping by! 
Bee creative...Ink Something!
CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  none
Paper:  Victoria Garden by Echo Park
Dies:  Classic & Scallop rectangles by Spellbinders
Size: 6" square closed; 12" square open

14 comments:

Becky said...

wow Kris, this is awesome..gorgeous papers and design, and what a wonderful photo of your mom and dad.
Have a blessed week my sister
Hugs :)

April said...

This is fantastic!! I too love a good challenge and will try most! I have actually been putting this off because of the number of folds; this great example makes me want to try it all over again. TFS!

MariLynn said...

Kris what a great project. Congratulations to your folks. Have a blessed day!

Lorie said...

Uh, wow! That is pretty impressive Kris! Happy Anniversary to your parents!

Lori said...

Perfect for your mom and dad's beautiful wedding photo. They will cherish it. Love the fold thanks for the inspiration.

Traci M said...

Beautiful project!! Love the florals and the colors and folds! I am glad you are fearless, you can motivate so many with that attitude!! Love this, and what a happy photo, too! Congrats to your parents!

Grace said...

Wow Kris! This is such a beautiful card! Love the fold and the great pic of your parents! Having just celebrated our 40th.... I know what a milestone this is! Congrats to them and I know they love this card!!! I finally got home from our travels but I feel snowed under with things to catch up with... but look forward to being back with my sisters soon!
hugs,
Grace

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, I adore the details...fabulous...hope your week is blessed!

enjoy *~*

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Kris - this is fabulous - I must say I have seen these cards and found them a bit daunting - but will try it eventually! Gorgeous details - you have your Mum's smile Kris! Thank for sharing and inspiring! {{{hugs}}}

MaxineD said...

Kris this is just beautiful - love what you have done here, and also the colours you have used. I am sure your parents will enjoy your card.
Blessings
Maxine

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular card, Kristine! What a knockout!

Helen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it's beautiful quilt like pattern. Amazing job!

Lola said...

44years? That is absolutely beautiful. And your card and fancy fold is just gorgeous.

Kathy W. said...

Wow! Mom and Dad are gonna love this. Great job Kris.