Thursday, September 01, 2011

New Whimsy and Stars Studio DT

Happy Thursday... and Happy first day of September!!  (Well, in a couple hours it will be!)  *Ü*  I've got exciting news on top of exciting news!!  *Ü*  First of all, I was recently asked by Mabelle of Whimsy and Stars Studio if I'd like to join her Fall/Winter Design Team and I jumped right on board!  I first saw her digis over at CDAC and fell in love with them!  Thank you so much Mabelle for this opportunity to work with your fabby digis and work alongside you and the rest of the very talented team for these next few months (my favorite months of the year)! *Ü*

Secondly... we are gearing up for a Super Cute FALL RELEASE coming on September 6th!!
So today we get to share some SNEAK PEEKS of what's to come on the 6th, and let me tell you... FALL is in the air... and I am sure you will FALL in love with these cuties like I did  *Ü*   Ok, nuff cheese for today??  Heehee... let's get on with my first card!

I’ve created this center step card using Alex Pumpkin.
These cards are so fun to make... adds a bit of surprise to your recipient... and they fold flat for mailing in envies! 
I colored my image with Copics.  The papers I used were from my Key Ingredients kit months ago and I added machine stitching on all my panels.  I couldn't resist adding the fence border... just brought the scene together *Ü*
Be sure to stop by the Whimsy and Stars Studio Blog to see more sneaks today.  I will have more cuteness to share on Sept. 6th so hope you'll come back to see!!  

If you're on Facebook, and you're a member of Whimsy and Stars Studio Group, you can grab FREEBIES every now and then (we've had 2 freebies in the last couple weeks!) and share your cards! 

Feel free to visit the rest of the team for details on their creations! 

Here’s the new team for Fall/Winter:
Returning Whimsy and Stars DT:

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  Alex Pumpkin by Whimsy and Stars Studio
Paper:  Key Ingredients by Taylored Expressions
Coloring Medium:  Copics
Punches/Die Cuts:  Fence border punch by Martha Stewart
Size:  5.5”

17 comments:

Lorie said...

As always Kris your card is just stunning! Congrats on the new DT!

MaxineD said...

Do I sense some excitement here by any chance? Congratulations, Kris and it is a beautiful card too :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Patti J said...

I just came from Mabelle's blog, and had to say YIPPEE and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know that you will love Mabelle, and I know some of the other DT members, who are awesome too! Have a great time, my friend - can't wait to see what you create! Hugs...

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowza! This is fabulous, Kris!! What a darling image and you created the perfect design to showcase it. Love the fold you used and the wonderful mix of papers and embellishments.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Kris, this card is fabulous!!! I love the scene you created with your DP choices and that fence punch is perfect. Beautiful coloring as well. ~jeni :)

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love the design!

I am looking forward to working with you on the Whimsy & Stars DT.


--Cheryl--
** Stop by my blog to check out my Halloween blog candy!**

Helen said...

Oh, he's so cute!!! Beautiful card, Kris! Congrats on the new DT! You're amazing and will make the best addition to their team! Have a blessed/exciting day! :)

Tricia said...

Your card is fantastic! I'm honored to be working with you on the team!

Danni said...

So happy to be working with you!! :) Love your card, so sweet!!

Kathy said...

Oh Kris, I love this! Your coloring is always so vibrant and beautiful. The center step is cool and you are right the fence completes the scene perfectly! So glad to be working with you on the W&S DT!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh this card is darling! Congrats on the new DT- wow- you are among some very talented ladies- many I am familiar with- and you certainly belong to be among them! Fun and again- Congrats!

lis-m said...

Hi kris,
you card is stunning... I wish I could make step cards , but the dimensions always seem to go wrong for me..
thrilled to be working with you .
Hugs xx

Angela K said...

What a wonderful card!! Your coloring is just stunning! So excited to be on the team with you!!

Karen Howard said...

Kris, this is amazing!!! Love the fold, appers, everything!!! Hugs, Karen

Lori said...

His hair is gorgeous!!! Wow, I noticed it right away. A very sweet card. Congratulations!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats on the dt Kris!! You are so deserving!! I just love the sweet image and your coloring...especially the highlights are gorgeous!! The design and paper is perfect!!
hugs!!
Chris

Seleise said...

What a great card, Kris! Mabelle is lucky to have you on the design team! Her designs are so cute and you'll bring them to life!!