Friday, August 12, 2011

My First (Drawn) Self-Portrait

...and possibly the start of my very first Art Journal!
 
Hello.  *Ü*  So, I was reading my friend, Danni's blog post yesterday about her new venture--an art journal!  I loved her page she did and I clicked on the links she gave and was WOWed!  Actually, I was intimidated and thought I couldn't possibly do something like that.  But then I saw this card with this quote... "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... you're right!" (by Henry Ford)  So... I started drawing (I used to in college, but haven't done much since).  And This is my first self-portrait. After you look at it, then go click on my picture in my right sidebar.  See any resemblance?  Any at ALL???  LOL

I think if you turn the drawing sideways it definately looks more like me!!  ROTFL!! 
Honestly... from here I have no idea where to go.  I'd love to see this in color... am definately skeered to try.  And thinking about what to put on my pages of this journal causes you to be very introspective.  That's a good thing!  :)  I might need some peeps egging my on ... I might need to join a group for this sort of thing.  But I will definately share what comes of it.  And if nothing does... hey, at least I've got a drawing of someone that resembles a lady that I'm sure I could sell on Ebay, lmbo... JUST KIDDING!! 
Bee creative...Ink Something! 

9 comments:

Danni said...

YAY!!! I think you did a GREAT job!! The cool thing is that from here you just do what YOU want!! YAY!!
No need to be scared...just do it! I'm just so happy you started!

Lorie said...

Good for you Kris...what an exciting adventure both you and Danni have entered into! I think your drawing definitely looks like you!

MaxineD said...

Well done Kris - way to go. Yes journaling can be a bit skeery!!
Blessings
Maxine

Kim Y. said...

You did a wonderful job, Kristine! I am amazed! Seriously? Your first one??

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- you did an amazing job with self portrait. I could never do this- I am horrible at drawing! I cannot wait to see what you do next!

Dorcas said...

Great job, Kristine. YOU know I saw the thumbnail in my blogger updates (dashboard) and I said "That's Kris, I know it" And sure enough! See, so it must be good cos I haven't even known you very long. :-)

K. Joy said...

WOW you did great with your self portrait!!!! :D I couldn't draw a real-life person for anything! LOL! This is just amazing, keep up the good work, and be sure to keep that art journal!! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow the first page of your art journal is cool! Your drawing really does look like you too :) I"ve started one too but haven't posted anything yet. I can't draw... but that's okay I have all kinds of creative ideas!

I love your blog make over, I've probably told you that before today though. I'm curious about how you get your back ground on here.

Hey, thanks for the comment you left me today! Would you like some Spellbinders shapes from my dies? I'd be happy to share.

Hugs, Jan

Lori said...

It does resemble your photo more when you turned your drawing on it's side!!! Just kidding, you did a great self portrait though. Good for you to try something new. I've been on vacation but I did scroll thru your posts.