Sunday, August 07, 2011

I Thought I'd Use This Every Day…

Good Morning!!  “The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.”  Lam 3:22 –23 This verse really speaks to me today.  I’m very grateful it’s Sunday… with all the challenges of the past week behind us and a promising new one ahead.  And what better way to kick off a Sunday than with a fun Scripture challenge?!
Are you wondering about my post title??   Well our challenge today at Stampin’ Sisters in Christ is to dig deep in our crafting stash and find something you bought thinking you would use it every day… but don’t.  So… even though I didn’t actually buy my Cricut (I got it for Christmas from my hubby and girls) I was sure I’d be using it for every other card… but the truth is, I don’t have space for it so it sits inside it’s box.  When I want to use it I have to set it up on the kitchen table, use it for the time being and put it away.  So… I don’t use it as often as I thought I would!

So I did get it out and use it for my card today.  Do you see the “pointy” green circle?  Looks like a die from a very popular die-cutting company huh?  Well I’m soo excited about this… it’s actually a new SVG file from McMahon Five Designs called TIPPED CIRCLES!!  It was just released this past week and there are quite a few sizes in the file as well!   How FUN!!  (There’s also a gorgeous sample at that link I just gave you on the M5D website.) 

This cute mousey is this week’s D2D progressive challenge freebie and also comes with a girl mouse and a couple more sentiments.  If you’d like to get next week’s image FREE, just use this set, Cupcake Mouse and link up on the Designed 2 Delight Blog and you will get your complimentary set!!     Here’s an upclose pic of the cuppycake.  I used 2-way glue and some green and turquoise glitter for the sprinkles *Ü*  I used the sketch at Sketch N Stash.

Lovely Linda is our challenge host this week and I know she will have a wonderful devotional this week so be sure to hop over to the SSIC BLOG to read that and see the rest of the team’s creations.   And then enter our challenge for a chance to win a $15 Gift Voucher to Clear Dollar Stamps!


Bee creative...Ink Something!

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  Cupcake Mouse (Designed 2 Delight)
Paper:   DCWV
Dies:  labels Nesties (Spellbinders)
SVG's:  Tipped Circles (McMahon Five Designs)
Sketch:  Sketch N Stash #67
Size:  4.25 x 5.5”

16 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable Kris, I am sure you would use it more if you could keep it out....space is always a factor...lol...I like to clean out my space very often, I do not like to get cluttered. So this challenge also got me to clean out my supplies...lol...hope you have a super day girl!

enjoy *~*

Miesje said...

Oh how cute! I love that mouse! I have a cricut too - it sits under a table and is rarely used. I even forgot about it for this challenge! LOL. Have a great week!

Ardilla said...

This is a great card... Nice colors and the image this week is adorable...
I have to think what I have I thought I would use it every day, but not... maybe many things :)
Blessings,

Ardilla

Kathy W. said...

Love that mouse! Great papers and your coloring is awesome sis =) Love those new SVG's at M5D.

Lori said...

Bummer that you don't have enough room! This is a cute card, cute mouse. Love how the SVG file came out.

Lorie said...

How absolutely sweet Kris! I just love how happy it is!

Becky said...

That mouse is so cute, but I do not know I would trust him with cupcakes :)..
Hugs.

MaxineD said...

Wonderful, fun card Kris. Love the choice of colours you have used, and the ric rak.
Blessings
Maxine

*Vicki* said...

Kris, this is so adorable!! LOVE the image and your little sprinkles on the cupcake are so fun!! :)

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

What a fun card to use the Tipped Circles on! Hugs Sue

Lagene said...

Cute mouse on a CUTE card!

Glenda Atkins said...

What an adorable card you created Kris, love the colours, the paper, the image and that wonderful sentiment:) Great crafting as usual.

Traci M said...

What a cute card, Kris...that mouse is the sweetest, and love your cupcake sprinkles!! I don't have a cricuit...now I'm not really regretting that either!! Have a blessed week!!

MariLynn said...

Kris, this is simply adorable. I love how that ric rack looks with that cut out circle with points. Awesome job!!!!!

Rose Ann said...

Super cute, and I love the sprinkles too!! I love the papers and sewing as well. I wouldn't have room for a Cricut, myself...so I have not even considered one. I'm glad you're able to use yours when you want, tho...and I love that cool pinked circle you've cut!!

Lola said...

Such wonderful colors and I especially like the ric rak. Thanks for introducing me to yet another great SVG site! That's all I need...I might have you talk to my husband about why I NEED these things;)