Monday, July 11, 2011

Strawberries by Designed 2 Delight

Hello.   I have a li'l card to share using this week's D2D progressive FREEBIE, "Strawberries."  If played in last weeks challenge, then you were sent this image free. If you didn't play last week, you can purchase the image in the shop and then come join the Progressive Challenge to get next week's free!

EDITED TO ADD:  see, I knew I was missin' something last night when doing up my post!  I used Carly's current sketch challenge at Sketches by Carly!  I turned mine sideways.  We have a wonderful sponsor, McMahon Five Designs and the challenge goes another 10 days, so come on over and play to WIN!! 


There's also a Designer's Saturday challenge going on that is European Inspired. It can be shabby chic, Parisian, vintage, romantic, anything evoking Europe! (My card doesn't have anything to do with Europe, I just wanted to let you know about the challenge.)

This is prolly the worst time to be getting sick... but I think I'm there :(  Been feeling really tired and took a nap after work today.  When I woke up I had a sore throat and coughing/sneezing and just drained.  Sure hope I'm over this thing soon as we're leaving for the beach next week!  So, I've got a ton of stuff to get ahead on at work before I go.  Plus... my boss is getting ready to go to Africa for 8 weeks so I've gotta work to get ahead before he leaves too.  Ugh.  I think the stress of it all led to my getting sick today.  Lord help me!!  Okay, done whining, LOL.  Hope you're enjoying your summer!  *Ü*

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  Strawberries by D2D
Paper:  gingham digi papers, Raspberry SU!
Dies:  Leaves by Marianne Designs; Flowers by MFT; ovals & scallop ovals by Spellbinders
Sketch:  Sketches by Carly
Size:  5.5" square
Bee creative...Ink Something!

10 comments:

Lorie said...

Such a pretty card Kris! Love the gingham! Maybe you could take some Airborne or something like that to help ward off your sickness. Hope you feel better...tomorrow!

Michelle said...

Beautiful as always Kris!!! Love how you colored the image! Yesterday, I had a headache and upset stomach, stomach still feels a lil 'icky', so I know what you mean : ( Hope you feel better soon!!
*HUGS*

Ardilla said...

Your card is beautiful...
I hope you get well soon and enjoy your vacation next week :)

MaxineD said...

Beautiful card - but not good to hear you are not well. {{{{ Hugs }}}}
Blessings
Maxine

Lori said...

Oh, no! Hope you're better right away! Get lots of rest and drink lots of water, I know you will try. This is a fabulously designed card, Kris. I love the way you did the sketch and the bright colors.

Sara I. said...

Absolutely adorable card Kris - your coloring skills always amaze me. Love all the different gingham and pearls.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card! Love the great colors and layout. The flower and leaf embellishments are awesome!

Basement Stamper said...

I hope you get to feeling better in time for your trip. Gorgeous card, love the strawberries and the bow is gorgeous!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, your strawberries are colored beautifully and I love the bright, summery colors and papers you used!!!!

Becky said...

Those strawberries look delicious.