Sunday, July 10, 2011

SSIC – Here’s What Works for Me...

Happy Sunday to you!  Today's challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is to use what works for you!  Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp who is donating a cute stamp set to one player.  Hop over to the SSIC Blog to see the prize, read an excellent devotional from Rebekka, and be inspired by the Team!

What works for me?   Well, I love Doodle Pantry images and all my cards I make with them come so easy so I would say they definately "work for me" *Ü*

Center Step Card:  "Balloon Ants"

I used the newly released Balloon Ants that comes fully colored with polka-dot digi papers in various colors and lots of great sentiments! 

My Cricut is also "workin' for me" right now, so I cut out some cute clouds and then to make em appear fluffy I used the "MYOCF" technique by rubbing (cheap) white styrofoam balls together, except I didn't color it--see how fluffy (and sparkly) they are??  *Ü*  I also love polka-dots, paper peircing, my fence punch, fancy folds and butterflies. 

Speaking of butterflies, this also fits the challenge at Flutterby Wednesday who's challenge is just to use a Fairy, Angel, or Butterfly in your creation  *Ü*

Here's a picture of the complete card from the front...


Back to our challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ... our challenge hostess is Rebekka, who shares this verse from James 2:18,19 "But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe and tremble."

Excellent choice of Scripture. God's plan is not simply for us to believe and have faith... it's to then go and be "fruitful"... bearing the fruits of the Spirit... and loving people. As the song goes... "They will know we are Christians by our Love." Please hop over to our challenge blog to read Rebekka's wonderful devotional for this week--you will be blessed!! 
Bee creative...Ink Something!

28 comments:

Becky said...

I just love this set Kris, it is so cute, love all the clouds and paper piecing of that balloon.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Good Morning Kristine!! I just love this card!! The center step design, the colors and your paper piecing is gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Miesje said...

What a fun card! I love the colors and the image is just too cute. The clouds are perfect. Have a fantastic week!

Lorie said...

Fun card with great colors and layout as always Kris!

MARY B said...

Super Card I Love it. Mary x

Kathy W. said...

Awesome card Kris. I love it with the pink too! And those sparkly clouds are great *Ü*

Lisa said...

Oh so sweet! I love your fluffy clouds and the layout of your card - definitely "works for you"! ;)

Peggysuez said...

Everyone knows an ant can't . . . move a rubber tree plant, but with high hopes maybe they can move a balloon? Super cute and I love what you've done with your sidebar too, the gingham is pretty. Great project for this Sunday!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is such a fun, pretty card! I just love this set and what you did it with it Kris!

Patti J said...

Fabulous card, Kristine!!! So much fun that you used PINK!!! Love it!

Heide said...

Awesomely adorable! Love this set it is super cute and so is your card.

Glenda Atkins said...

Nice work Kris, this card is fabulous in it's style, layout and theme. Super cute!!

Lori said...

Adorable! Love the patterned balloon and sentiment. Cute cloud dp and die cuts.

Grace said...

Kris this is just adorable! LOVE the center step design and this image is just so fun! I love the precolored idea!! Hope you are having a great day on the boat! It's too hot here to be out right now!! Funny how so many of us thought of the same song! I love what you've done to your blog too! It's such a cheery place to be!!! Have a great week my friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Maria Matter said...

oh Kris, this is just fabulous!!!...and beautiful! love your fun design too!
hugs

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness Kristine, I LOVE this! The dramatic colours (the black and pink are gorgeous) love the step card and the fence! Is that not the cutest. Awesome.

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is stunning! Love the card design, sky background and that picket fence is so cute! Hugs, Karen

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh your step card is FABULOUS!!~

Kristie said...

Beautiful card! I love the picket fence at the bottom. Great job with the center step fold. Thanks for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

Kristie
FBW DT Member

MaxineD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaxineD said...

Love this card, Kris, the vibrant colours, the dimension and the ants - how cute are they!!
Blessings
Maxine

Laurie said...

Oh my, that is SO ADORABLE!!!! stinking cute! and love the new blog look too!!!!

Helen said...

I love, love, love this card! I love the polka dot balloon and the clouds and those butterflies! It's all just too cute!

MariLynn said...

Kris, those little ants are adorable. I can just imagine what they are saying to eachother as they take to the air. What it must be like to have a birds eye view of the world when all you've see is the ant's view. Do you think they look at people from above and think that they look like ants? I hope you are having a fabulous week!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your cute card and I love your totally cute blog make over!

Seleise said...

super duper cute! I just got that picket fence punch. Now I know another way to use it. awesome!

Jennie said...

This is amazing Kris!
I absolutely love the clouds on the background too!!!

How awesome! xx

Sharon Basel said...

OMG how clever is this with the fence, etc. You've created a whole scene with this layout and it's fantastic. Your creativity is so inspiring.