Sunday, July 17, 2011

SSCC - Come *Dance* With Me

Happy Sunday everyone!!  I'm finally back with a card to share.  The "lazy days of summer" have definately kicked in for us here and I've been spending more time with my girls and less time crafting and computing... but I do have a couple more cards scheduled for this week.  =) 

Today starts a new challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges, and I am your challenge hostess this week *Ü*  The Scripture I chose is 2 Samuel 6:14 "And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod."  I have written a devotional -- but my thoughts on this verse are kinda long, so I hope you'll hop over to the SSCC Blog to read it and join in the challenge!!  Our sponsor is Designed 2 Delight!!  One player will win $10 to spend at the D2D store *Ü*

What's the challenge you ask?  It's a fun one... Make a card that "moves" (ie. tilt card, slider, pop up, waterfall, accordian card, etc. - LOTS on scs resources)

Can you guess what moves on my card??

 I made a TILT card using 2 pennies and a dimension,
so this li'l mouse dances when you tilt the card!!
I used a cute li'l set from our sponsor this week, Designed 2 Delight.  It's called Dancing Mice and comes with another larger mouse with a cute tutu, and a couple sentiments, one of which I used here on the inside of my card.

(INSIDE)
 
Hope you'll pop over to join us this week *Ü*
Bee creative...Ink Something!

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  Dancing Mice set (Designed 2 Delight)
Paper:  Happy Rain (Jazzy Patterns Digi papers)
Dies:  classic & scallop ovals (Spellbinders);
SVG's:  Summer Fun (Sherry K Designs)
Size:  5.5" square

14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Good Morning Kris!! What a fun and challenging challenge this week!! I just love your dancing mouse!! Too cute and amazing!! The sentiment is so true also!! I remind myself of that quote often especially as we try to sell the house we do love. Have a great Sunday!!
hugs,
Chris

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Kris - how cute is this!? Your little mouse is adorable and the sentiment perfect! Love the your card and your inspiration today - your words speak to the heart and lift the spirit!! Thansk for sharing Kris! {{{hugs}}}

Miesje said...

Too, too cute! You even made it dance online - you are amazing! The card is adorable. I really like your scripture choice, and that song is one of my favorites on my Ipod. Have a great week.

Lorie said...

Oh, Kris...I love, love this card! The sentiment on the inside is so, so true! Hope you had a wonderful week!

Becky said...

What a wonderful devotion this morning Kris..And I just love your happy card. :)

Lori said...

I love how you have animated him! You are a master with these computers and blogs, girl. Love the inside of the card too, wonderful sentiment. Thank you for your devotion over at SSIC and for a fun challenge.

Kathy W. said...

Love the dancing mouse! How did you do that?? Love the devotion and your card is adorable =) Have a great vacation *Ü*

Glenda Atkins said...

Ok, this is just too cool, what an amazing card! I love it - wow!

Grace said...

Hi Chris! This is over the top adorable and your animation blows me away!!! LOVE the cute image and I really loved reading your devo! Thanks for the inspiration this week... and I hope your week is wonderful!!!
hugs,
Grace

Peggysuez said...

I never would have had the courage to try a tilt card were it not for your inspiration! That little dancing mouse is the cutest! And your devotional was WONderful, I hope we get a lot of visitors to read those thoughts! Hope you are enjoying the summer with the girls, have a blessed week!

MaxineD said...

Kris this is fabulous - and I loved and was challenged by your devotional too, over on SSIC. Thank you
Blessings
Maxine

Sue from Oregon said...

oh my this is the cutest...and love the special effects in your post!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I adore this card, Kris. I'm a big fan of tilt cards and yours could not be cuter. Great colors and touches. How in the heck did you get the
movement in your post?

Toucan Scraps said...

fabulously sweet card