Monday, August 01, 2011

I Found a New Love - {{The Paper Shelter}}

… a crafting one that is!!  *Ü*   Hello again!  I don't normally post twice in the same day but I just HAD to get this posted so I could enter it for a challenge.  I came across a new digi stamp company yesterday and just had to purchase a few stamps!  If you are a digi-lover like myself, I’m sure you will fall in love with the fabulous digis at The Paper Shelter:

I not only fell in love with their cuteness (some of them remind me of Holly Hobby, Strawberry Shortcake, Sarah Kay, and the like) but I also love their prices as well!!  *Ü*  Do I sound like an info-mercial?  Heehee, no I’m not getting paid to say these things… I just love em and HAD to share with you!!

For this card, I colored up Quiet Moment with copics, adding a li’l sponging to the grass and sky.  The paper is from this month’s Key Ingredients kit from TE.  And guess what??  They have a CHALLENGE BLOG as well!!  This week’s theme is anything goes!  You don’t have to use their digis, but if you DO and yours wins, you could win a $15 GC to their store!!  And if yours uses another vendor and it wins, you will get your choice of one free digi from TPS.  This is my entry *Ü* (so if you enter, wait til after Tuesday so I might have a better chance at winning! ROTFL!!!  kidding!!!)
For the accordion “doily” looking layer, I just punched along one edge of a strip of coral cardstock with my MS floral border punch.  Did that on 2 strips.  Then scored at 1/4” increments and folded.  Glued to ends together and then glued the whole thing down onto another circle Nestie (same size as my stamped layer).  Wha-la!  =) 

Bee creative...Ink Something!

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  Quiet Moment digi (The Paper Shelter)
Paper:  July Key Ingredients (Taylored Expressions)
Dies: Classic & Scallop Circle Nesties (Spellbinders)
Size:  6" square

15 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, Kris! This is absolutely gorgeous! WOW!

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, Kris - what a beautiful card! And I'm already in love and haven't checked out the site yet! Great job, my friend! Hugs...

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love your art... always have, always will... and I love your blog, even though you change it up every other week (*grin*), and I love you for being such a wonderful friend to me! Thanks for the beautiful card Kris. It means so much.

Hugs,
Lisa

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a sweet image- I'll have to go check them out! Great colors as usual- love the pleated punched strip- great look!

Sara I. said...

OMG Kris - just found these thru a friend recently and LOVE PS images!!! Can't wait to see more of your creations with them -this one is so fabulous with that hand-made doily behind her and that gorgeous flower!! Your coloring always blows me away!

Becky said...

What a darling image Kris!! I love her!! :). wonderful colors.

Lori said...

She's gorgeous! Your coloring rock it, as usual. You are so clever with that ruffle lace doily!!!

Kathy W. said...

Great job Kris...I love these images too! In fact I'm making mine now =)

Frances said...

This is so sweet and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter!
Hugs Frances.

MaxineD said...

Beautiful card Kris, and I love the image - I may just have to go visit The Paper Shelter :-).. Love the way you ruffled the paper behind the image panel.
Blessings
Maxine

*Vicki* said...

Yes, these sure are cutie pie images!! I have so many loves is ridiculous actually!! LOL!! You've done a beautiful job with your creation and colors!! ;)

Pat said...

So adorable! I am right there with you on the cuteness of all the Paper Shelter's digis :)

Amy Johnson said...

It is a cute image! And such a cute card too! I'm off to check these digis out!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how darling Kris!! Such a cute image and you have colored her to perfection. Gorgeous!
hugs,
Chris

Seleise said...

love, love, love this card, Kris!! wow - the coloring is just stunning and the papers you chose set it off perfectly! gorgeous!