Thursday, July 07, 2011

Hotspot Challenge & a Fundraiser

“Simple Pleasures are life’s greatest treasures.”
Okay, first of all… you prolly noticed my new blog design right?  Sorry I keep changing it… I really liked the colors of the other one, but it was a bit crowded up top.  So I started playing in Photoshop yesterday and had fun creating (first I made one for my sister’s blog, you can see hers HERE if ya wanna.  =)
 
Ok, now onto the “good stuff, lol.  Today I have a shadow box card that I made for two reasons.  The first is to entice (invite!) you to come play in the new HOTSPOT Challenge where one player will win $25.00 to spend at the McMahon Five Store… and as a bonus this month… everyone who plays will receive this super cute digi “Coco-Loco”, drawn by Shawne!
You can use any image you want for this Hotspot challenge, but of course if you have digis or stamps from the M5D shop, we’d love to see em!!  So what is this month’s inspiration challenge?? It’s the TOP 3 Vacation Spots in the U.S.!!
(California, Las Vegas, & Florida)
Just make a creation using one (or more?) or these vacation spots as your inspiration and link up anytime throughout July at the Hotspot Blog.  Need more inspiration??  Just visit the blog for more DT’s creations.  *Ü*

You can prolly guess what inspired my card eh?  I let the California beach inspire my card (fishing and the colors of a sunset). 
 
♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥
And secondly… I created this card to announce a FUNDRAISER for a young man named Tripp Oldham, who has Cystic Fibrosis and will be needing a double lung transplant to survive.  Tripp is full of life and wouldn't you want to make a small effort to help him keep that life? 
 
You can learn more about Tripp HERE.  Check out his photo gallery HERE.
 
Cheryl, who put this fundraiser together, has asked many digital artists and friends to donate images and prizes for the cause.  M5D put together this set (that I used for my card) called...
Simple Pleasures
This set is NOT available in the M5D store and is ONLY AVAILABLE through your purchase at
Cheryl has also set up a Raffle with
5 FABULOUS PRIZE Packages. 
M5D has donated the following prize package. 
It only costs $1 per ticket! 
Be sure to check out ALL THE DIGITAL STAMPS you will receive for a $20 donation and be sure to pick up a couple of raffle tickets for a chance to win those prizes!
 

11 comments:

MaxineD said...

Wow Kris, this is a stunner!!! Love the way you have used the image and the stunning colours you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

These are stunning Kris, I love that first card, so colorful, and your second is so cute!

Helen said...

Very awesome, Kris! Both your card and the reason for using that image. It's beautiful, just like you.

Lori said...

Beautiful sunset! The silhouette image makes for a wonderful shadow box. Your blog look is always fun to see, don't be sorry for changing it often. I love that about visiting you!!!! Hugs~Lori

Lorie said...

Love that card! You are always so much more adventurous than I! I love your blog look today Kris...super cute!

Basement Stamper said...

Kristine, love all of these, the palm tree one is my favorite...I can see myself sitting under it ;-)

Danni said...

Love your new blog design, you're talented to just whip it out! LOL! Great card and what a great cause!!

Amy Johnson said...

wow! Gorgeous card! Love how you framed this image and the papers!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hi ya honey girl! Your simple pleasures card is gorgeous, totally sweet and endearing. Most of the time I fell like your coconut card. heehee
Hugs Bonnie

Glenda Atkins said...

Kris I adore your shadow box card, wow it is just so beautiful, wow! Actually both cards are wonderful!! Great work!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the beautiful layout!