Monday, July 18, 2011

Harvest Bounty by Doodle Pantry

Hi and happy Sunday - again!  *Ü*  This is my 2nd post for today, so if ya missed out on my first one, please scroll down a li'l bit.

Summer has just begun, although it's kinda cool out today... in fact it almost feels like Fall (my favorite time of year)!  Am I pushing it a li’l??  LOL – ya, prolly so!  I thought I'd get a jump on making some Fall cards ... and needing to do Christmas ones as well (didja see my li'l ticker up top?) Yikes!  Summer's going to fly by and I won't know what hit me, so I'm really trying to get them done ahead of time this year. 

For this card, I followed the TLC challenge on Splitcoast Stampers by watching Beate's video tutorial on Reverse Masking.  Loved it!  Ever since I got into digis I tend to do the easy thing and grab my designer papers.  So it felt good last night to get down-n-dirty with the ink pads and sponges.  BTW... other than the white card base and Marigold layer, (and embellies) the rest is ALL ONE LAYER!!  I used the embossing with Nesties technqiue around my digi, and then did the reverse masking.  Here's a close up, flat view of my card. 

Pretty fun although it did take MUCH LONGER to make.  But I like it.  Feels warm and cozy, just like Fall *Ü*

I used the newly released digi set, "Harvest Bounty" from Doodle Pantry!  Also... they have a VERY cute set, Peacock Birdie that will be yours free if you play in the challenge , which is just to use any image from their store!  Only 2 days left though, so hurry!!  There's 15 FREE digis here so you have something to play along with if you don't already have one.  *Ü*

Bee creative...Ink Something!

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps:  Harvest Bounty digi set (Doodle Pantry); French Script (SU!)
Paper:  Neenah White (McMahon Five Designs); Marigold (SU!)
Dies: Labels 1 Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Leaves (Marianne Designs)
Challenges:  TLC - Reverse masking (SCS); Digital Challenge #14 (Doodle Pantry)

20 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, Kris! This is just a stunner...seriously amazing!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful! I love Fall too and this brings to mind the crisp, chilly nights with the bright harvest moon - GORGEOUS Kris!

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it, just love it, I love the sky (very well done), love all the sponging and adore your french script(?) background. Fabulous card.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Kris, this is just beautiful! Wow!! I also love fall - i'm with you, can't come soon enough. This is just a very claming card - love it!
Hugs, Sarah

Kristen said...

Kris, this is gorgeous!!!! Hope you're having a great summer!

Heide said...

What a beautiful harvest night!

Seleise said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful Chris! Love the reverse masking. Gorgeous work.

MaxineD said...

Amazing!!
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Howard said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!!! You did fabulous with the reverse masking, love it!

maranda said...

waauwww what a wunderfull card

Kathy W. said...

This is beautiful Kris! Love it =) I'm going to try that technique very soon!!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the richness and color you achieved!

alteredforhim said...

Hi Kris, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the shading, the background and the bow, so pretty!

Have a great day!

Jennie said...

This is absolutely beautiful Kris! What a wonderful creation! xx

Laurie said...

wow, gorgeous coloring and masking!

Lori said...

Such a beauty, I love fall cards! I like the little ticker at the top, great idea.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card Kris! I've been playing with the SU French Script background stamp lately too, it's so versatile!

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous Kris. Such a rich look to this and I just love what you did with the image - moon and depth of color.

Anonymous said...

I always love to work with fall colors, and this is really GORGEOUS! Love the shading, the leaf swirl in the corner and especially the French Script. I usually reach for this one often too. It makes such a lovely background for serious stamping!! Kelly L